Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Provocative Question of the Day (a little OT)

Doulala's "quote of the day" was the inspiration behind this.  That, and I recently had a discussion with a few people on psychotropic medications and why many people don't NEED to take them.

Why do you need to think for yourself when the medical establishment can think and make your decisions for you?

Sometimes I feel I am the only one who knows how to think for myself.  Does anyone else feel that way?  My guess is yes...

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Replies (11-13):
Roadfamily6now
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM

BUMP!

uncommonsense
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Thinking for yourself is highly underrated in this society of blind followers with such faith in the medical community.  IF we don't make the decisions for our families health, it is not as though the medical community is going to deal with the aftermath.  In the end, we can blame the docs for recommending certain drugs and procedures, but It is us who must deal with disease and bad outcomes from medications (including autism) everyday in our own homes.  We have underestimated how much money flows into the docs pockets from the companies who are making millions off of the drugs/procdures they push.  We must be WISE and aware to the health of our families and research before making any decisions.   It is a very well known fact that doctors have NO nutritional education and know NOTHING about truly healing the body and treating the source of the disease.  Instead it is a bandaid fix with medicines or an over-the-top surgical intervention. 

Come on mama's - take back the power and become enlightened on healing your own families.  The best place to start is with a good whole foods diet.  There are so many good books out there on healing, too.  Let's get busy preventing illness in the first place :)  And become educated on how to treat our families naturally.  It really and truly works.

aplusnumberone
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 4:27 PM
I don't trust "them" if there is a profit to be made. That's where most of the abuses come into play. Medical, food, pharm etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)