Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Hello

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 7:05 PM
  • 10 Replies

My fiance and I are TTC our first (He has two children from a previous marriage) and although this is only round one of trying, I am determined to have as natural of a pregnancy and birth as humanly possible.

I went to meet one of the local midwives in my area yesterday, and have an appointment to meet another at the end of the month. Yesterday's midwife was amazing, I could feel completely comfortable with her!

I am just very amazed at how into this my fiance has gotten. His first child was induced because he was "too big" and ended up a C-Section, and his ex was convinced she had to do it a second time and scheduled for the second. Fiance was traumatized by the process and when we first discussed TTC he came out and asked me what I wanted so I told him - I want a Natural Homebirth! He was a little iffy but agreed to explore it and came out of the Meet the Midwives yesterday as gungho about it as I am.

So I am basically here to learn as much as I can during the TTC process, then during my pregnancy and beyond!

Thanks!

by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Welcome welcome! great to have you here :)

There's so much to learn on so many different topics. There's something new every day!

Roadfamily6now
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Welcome! It's a great time to get Preggo!

4babyruth
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 10:12 PM

welcomenice to meet ya  hope to hear more

doulala
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Welcome!

So glad you are here!

There are some great natural conception-pregnancy books, you can start reading if you haven't already...
Are you charting your cycle?

PixelWitch
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Hi Doulala.

I had my Mirena removed a month and a half ago, and did not have a period on it, however prior to getting the Mirena, My cycle was VERY VERY VERY Regular.

As soon as it was removed I went back to obsessively paying attention to my cycle. I ovulated according to my cycle, cm and temp on the first of April, so yeah, charting!

Pandapanda
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 10:50 PM

I thought i'd mention this here too. Do you have an android smartphone? If so, there's a free app called OvuView. It has everything from temp charts, to mucus charting etc. Very easy to use, I highly recommend it. Got pregnant the first month we used it to track.

PixelWitch
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 11:36 AM
Nope, iPhone, but I have nine (yes nine) similar apps. I'm narrowing them down lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roadfamily6now
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 2:02 PM

BUMP!

uncommonsense
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM

If you want to get started on some really good reading... try "Ina May's Guide to Natural Birth".  It is definitely one of the best books around.  Also, the Naturally Healthy Pregnancy is a great book and goes into detail about conceiving and good herbs/nutrition to help - for both dad and mom. There are so many more great resources, too.  Reading excellent books and finding a good midwife are a great way to start!  You are truly blessed that your man is supporting your desire for a natural birth. 

May you have an amazingly gentle and fully natural experience becoming a mother!! 

doulala
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Some women like this method to track:

Welcome to Taking Charge of Your Fertility

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN