Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Share how you came to going natural for birth.  And why do you think more people don't?

by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM
Replies (11-13):
4babyruth
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM

To me it is the only way life has ever been invited into this world. My mother was an emt my gmother was an emt n that gave me a lot of medical background. my brother was murdered  when i was 13 as a young girl i was scared of hospitals probably bc of these things. like someone said the way i was raised had a lot to do with my choice.After studying autopsies at a young age well only one autopsy i just couldnt understand how a medical professional could dismiss such blatantly obvious evidence. Thats when i knew i guess that the hospital was for sick people n i am not sick i also have a sister born at home that has a gift. she is a year older than me n has been diagnosed many times. A brainsurgen also fam looked over her cat scan n determined a portion of her brain located by her pineal gland is ectopic on top of where it is normally in everyone else's brain. She has been n hospitals sense she was 11 for behavioral reasons. She can b violent n like most my mother was not very educated n devastated to think her baby was not normal. So with these experiences i chose not to inter a hospital unless i absolutely had to . I researched n talked to my mother whom had two home births my x mother in law had three i think she delivered seven all together so i had some support. I think no one really makes decisions anymore like they r zombified n to thinking that someone else will decide for them they maybe havent grown up enough to take responsibility for their own decisions n feel safer if someone else messes it up n not them idk my thoughts...;.

rachelrothchild
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM

After everything I've been through, I don't trust our medical system or the traditional medical model.  I was already seeing a chiropractor.  I don't like drugs, and I don't like surgery.  Women have been giving birth naturally since the beginning of time, so why can't we continue to do it that way?  That, and I'm a big fan of doing things myself.

doulala
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I value the well-tuned, established process that Nature / God designed.
On rare occasions the process *might* need a little help, but overall the process really works well as it has for thousands of generations.
I trust in myself and this process.    Tuning into the fact that the process WORKS keeps me grounded and confident!
:-D

I think that many women in my culture (American) have a hard time trusting in this well-designed & established process because of many other factors in this modern culture.    Influences for highly dramatic sources infiltrate confidence.    Intervening for the "better-safe-than sorry" philosophy has a nation of Fear-Based maternity practices gushing like a flooded river.

Women WANT these interventions because they think that science has improved on nature.     They are unaware that they are wrong.    They fear the worst.   They fear pain.   They are out-of-touch with alternatives (like natural coping options).

With a return to reality, overcoming this fear-based society, women can discover that safer can be more comfortable and pleasant:  that natural birthing can be BLISS!

;-D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN