Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quote of the day 4-13-11

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:59 AM
  • 4 Replies

“Breastfeeding, for me, was absolutely feminine.      It was the first time I ever felt comfortable in my own skin.”

Lori Bishop

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
doulala
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:55 AM

BUMP!

Roadfamily6now
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:31 PM

that's nice.
Beastfeeding was pretty lovely.

peanut06
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:52 PM

I felt it was kind of a healing thing, too.  I was molested as a 1st and 2nd grader (thanks in part to blossoming before I started AF in 3rd grade) and it helped me restore my breasts to their rightful and natural use, and that wasn't as dirty sex symbols.  So, I completely understand the feeling "comfortable in my own skin" part of the quote.

And, of course, the other benefits of breastfeeding are nice, too, like no AF for 14 months after dd2, no AF for 8 months so far with ds, no sterilizing and mixing bottles in the middle of the night, the cuts to our chances of so many female cancers, the rapid weight loss, and the ability to eat extra calories without guilt LOL!!  And, the priceless gift of seeing your 2.5 year old "nurse" her baby-dolls instead of giving them bottles (so, I guess there's even one more--expanding her vocabulary to understand what nursing a baby is)   :)   :)

truealaskanmom
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:01 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)