Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

questions... third time is a charm right? (PIOG)

Posted by   + Show Post

ok so long story short... This is my third pregnancy (YAY) I have wanted natural birth both times before.. didn't happen. Didn't have Bad experiences per-se. No complications etc... but the more I research it the more I switch from, natural birth would be great to try, .... to ummm Im flirting with problems from medicated births.

I have had 2 uncomplicated epidural vaginal deliveries.

I know step one is to stay at home as long as possible. Maybe this is silly, but how will I know when to go in? With DS I was in labor for 41hours. DD total time was 6.5 hours. When we left the house my contractions were MAYBE 2 minutes apart. We got to the hospital at 830p and she was born at 139a. I want to stay out of the hospital where the epi is just to easy, but um I dont' want to have the baby in the car either. And DH would probably faint if I had the baby at home "on accident"

Are there any herbs I can take as I get later into pregnancy? Not to induce labor (I know some of those can be risky) but to make labor easier? I have heard of tinctures, but they seem kinda pricey, I guess I am wondering if I can get individual herbs at a less expensive cost.

I am only 18w3d so I know I am ahead of myself, just trying to prepare early. I will be having a hospital birth with a great OB (not very interventionist, reputation for very few c-sections) Unfortunately a doula is not an option either (lack of funds and DH won't go for it)

Blessed Mommy to: Angel Baby : 07/08/08  Alexander Jayce:05/21/09 Kalea Brielle: 06/03/10 Surprise! EDD 09/21/11

pregnancy week by week

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Apr. 21, 2011 at 3:57 PM
Replies (11-11):
DixieFlower
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Glad he's at least looking into it. Like I said talk with the doulas you find. A lot will lower their fees if need be. So don't automaticly not contact one because she has a fee above what you can afford. Go ahead and contact her :) GL

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Thanks everyone! I sent the post about Dad's and Doula's to DH last night. I prepped him for it and his answer was shockingly not NO it was "this is gonna take me awhile to be OK with it." Which is why I sent it to him now.

I will look into things, but I know that anything over 100$ is a no right away :-( Probably anything over 50$....

Thanks for the sites though I will definitely be looking into them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN