Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

natural birth

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 9:42 AM
  • 34 Replies

Can anyone explain to me how u can have a natural birth n the hospital? Thanks mamas.

by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4babyruth
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 10:58 AM

BUMP!

Habibti812
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 11:07 AM
Get a midwife.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeamJacob81
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 11:13 AM
Make a birth plan, and be persistent with it. Midwifes are good too, although when my water broke but I wasn't contracting my MIDWIFE recommended me to get cytotec or pitocin although my birth plan said I wouldn't take either. But my husband and I were persistent with our plan, checked out, labored at home til I was contracting 5 minutes apart and then went in. Right away we told the nurses do not offer any drugs and they didn't. Achieving a natural birth in the hospital CAN be done, just be firm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4babyruth
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I'm still a lil fuzzy on how the natural process can occur if u r demanding this n that or having to rush n worry about going to hospital or possible problems. Can u explain more than just get a midwife?

Pandapanda
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I had a midwife, and had a natural hospital birth. At my 36ish week appointment, she asked what my birth plan was. I told her I was considering a water birth, since they have tubs available. "Alrighty, that's what we'll do then".

She was on-call when I went into labor, and as soon as I got to the hospital, she moved me off to the tub, even though I didn't want to. :)

Pandapanda
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 11:29 AM

That's for your support team to worry about. Whether it's a doula and husband, or one or the other- that's the supporters' role.

Quoting 4babyruth:

I'm still a lil fuzzy on how the natural process can occur if u r demanding this n that or having to rush n worry about going to hospital or possible problems. Can u explain more than just get a midwife?

4babyruth
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 11:44 AM

N my opinion u r still told what to do n not allowing nature to take its course. Y didn' t u have a homebirth. B/c of what might go wrong or b/c u dont believe it can be done?

chrystalnkeith
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Midwifes work in hospitals too.. get a doula.. have a good birth plan with an open mind that they dont always go as planned... make sure that the nurse you have knows exaclty what you want.... If you have an ob.. make sure they know what you want!   Ask for a tub.. some hospitals have them in the rooms.. research what you want.. 

Pandapanda
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Because I didn't want one?

I was not told what to do, just encouraged to continue with my birth plans. I was left alone, unless I called someone in to get me juice or crackers or something to vomit in.

Not sure how that's not letting nature take it's course.

Quoting 4babyruth:

N my opinion u r still told what to do n not allowing nature to take its course. Y didn' t u have a homebirth. B/c of what might go wrong or b/c u dont believe it can be done?

4babyruth
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 1:08 PM

So u did not NEED to go to the hospital you chose to go?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)