Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Can anyone explain to me how u can have a natural birth n the hospital? Thanks mamas.

by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 9:42 AM
Replies (31-34):
doulala
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Please don't leave the group the group as a whole is here for support and unfortunately things do get out of hand, try as we may to keep it under control.  This group supports all natural birth locations so please don't feel the need to leave 

Quoting Habibti812:

It IS possible because as I've said I HAVE DONE IT! If you are in a hospital that is pro natural birth then it can happen. It IWLL happen. My nurses NEVER checked me and I didn't have to tell them not to. They know I'm with my midwife. I was allowed to birth completely at my own will. It's ridiculos to say someone can't as I'm telling you I DID! And guess what.. I had NO MONITERS ATTACHED TO ME DURING MY BIRTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NONE! Ugh this is annoying. Im just going to leave this group.

Roadfamily6now
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:51 AM

BUMP!

krayzbabylove
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:40 AM
Just don't ask for drugs, tell everyone you want a natural labor, don't put up with anyone who challenges your decision, have a support group to encourage you, when you start to feel like caving, and for me, laying in a hot bath was very good pain relief. Good luck mamma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Wow I've been gone this week due to IRL things and opened this up and felt attacked. Even though I did try to have a homebirth with a CPM however I risked out with the CPM's. So my next option was to birth in the hospital with an OB that respected me and my wishes. Granted I have not achieved a natural birth I eventually have asked for the epidural both times. That doesn't mean I don't believe in natural birth. People have varying definitions of what is natural. To me an unmedicated birth in a hospital is about as natural as things will be for me. I'm glad that you have had the chance to experience a homebirth. I wish I could but circumstances prevent me from doing so. I wish most women who are low risk could experience homebirths. I am also wise enough to know that even "natural" minded women might not be comfortable giving birth at home no matter what the reason. To come out and attack those women is no different than when the mainstream comes out and attacks homebirthers. JMHO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN