Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Placentophagy

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM
  • 23 Replies

I have to admit...my first thoughts were "How disgusting! How could anyone eat their placenta?" Honestly, the thought of it made my stomach turn..until, I came across a post on mothering.com. They dove into the benefits and the ways it can be done and I was intrigued. I started doing my research and I was amazed by the amount of benefits eating your placenta really has. I never would have thought or even imagined I would be considering this let alone planning on it, but I am. Not only am I planning on consuming my placenta after birth, but I am excited about it. I am excited to feel what "they" are speaking of. I can't wait to see the difference it makes! Has anyone else researched this, are planning on it, or have done it?? What are your thoughts? What was your experience??

by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2011 at 1:49 PM

I am all for it!

I had planned to do it but left my placenta out overnight by accident.    When I realized it was out, it had been over 24 hours and I was unsure of it's safety lol.

But lots of people do it, especially encapsulation...   

:-D

Roadfamily6now
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 1:50 PM

I have not done it but if I get pregnant again, I will have the placenta encapsulated and take them as a pill a few times a day after the birth.

Pandapanda
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 2:39 PM
I'm planning on encapsulation. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4babyruth
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I have done it. I found that it did help me heal faster. Not down stairs but inside. Like my energy was higher or something. My fam thought i was a cannibal. Not a chance.

MommyWife224
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM

i have not done it but i would get mine encapsulated this time if we had the money for it

4babyruth
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 2:59 PM

U need a dehydrator and a chopper u can get capsules at hf store walla can u afford it now?

Roadfamily6now
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Sure you can do it yourself! A food dehydrator (which I always find at garage sales for like $10) and a food processor or some other means of grinding it up very fine and some capsules from a health food store. :) 

truealaskanmom
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 4:17 PM

I would do it if I didn't have a health condition that makes it dangerous.  I am all for it though it has sooo many benefits.  I however don't get those that eat it like steak and what not that is a gag me. 

Roadfamily6now
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 4:23 PM

BUMP!

airadan
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I have just started taking my pills, but I've noticed a decrease in my lochia and evening out of my emotions. I first started looking into it because of my tendency to get postpartum thyroiditis, I'm hoping to either avoid it or lessen its symptoms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)