Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have to admit...my first thoughts were "How disgusting! How could anyone eat their placenta?" Honestly, the thought of it made my stomach turn..until, I came across a post on mothering.com. They dove into the benefits and the ways it can be done and I was intrigued. I started doing my research and I was amazed by the amount of benefits eating your placenta really has. I never would have thought or even imagined I would be considering this let alone planning on it, but I am. Not only am I planning on consuming my placenta after birth, but I am excited about it. I am excited to feel what "they" are speaking of. I can't wait to see the difference it makes! Has anyone else researched this, are planning on it, or have done it?? What are your thoughts? What was your experience??

by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM
Replies (21-23):
SrkStrickland
by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Here is the link that introduced me to the idea, you'll have to read through the replies. Some talk about the smoothies others talk about encapsulating...

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1305980/have-you-or-will-you-have-your-placenta-encapsulated

Here is another great link for the smoothies but beware the link in the second reply, it is graphic, with pictures and there are no recipes for smoothies but there are other recipes...

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1057855/placenta-smoothies

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Placenta smoothies? lol, tell me more. I love smoothies, Im interested in encapsulation but I have a hard time swallowing pills due to GERD and would like directions for smoothies! Please post a link or something if you can, thanks.

nepenthe429
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I had mine encapsulated after having my third child and I found that it helped me totally avoid the 'baby blues' as I had with my first and second births.  also helped with healing time, energy level, etc.

DixieFlower
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:29 PM

I was going to have mine encapsuled after my second birth however, no one in my area does it. Due to my living situation I can't encapsule it myself since it is against regulations for me to even bring it into the house. It's definately something I would do though if I could.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)