Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YES, I can

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

Talking about my plan for natural birth with my MIL, she says, "oh you will be beggin for the epi, trust me Ive had two kids!" WTF?! I need support, not attacks on my decision! Also, this will be my second drug-free birth.

But I just took a deep breath and said to myself "I am strong, I am beautiful, I am capable of doing what my body already knows how to do. I am in power over my choice for a natural birth and nothing anyone says matters. I can do this."

Anybody else have negative relatives bring you down?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
truealaskanmom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:21 PM

My FIL was that way, and when he heard I begged for drugs in transition he laughed and said I told you so such BS I didn't get any and transition makes you a little nutso 

Roadfamily6now
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Stop listening to her.

rachelrothchild
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM

We're having my family over tomorrow, so we'll see if anyone makes negative comments.  No one really has yet.

DH's family makes a bigger deal out of this sort of thing than mine.  I've gotten into arguments with some of his cousins and have had to listen to all the "I had to do this because it was an emergency" comments.  That is a c-section family full of sheep.  Too much ignorant bullshit.

Roadfamily6now
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:12 PM

BUMP!

JoshuasMommii
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:52 AM

I love your reaction! You can do it!

MrsIngram
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 4:22 AM
I told them sternly I do not need negativity. It is not open to discussion and if you continue I leave . Most ppl shut up after that. I had a very minimally painful home birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)