Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

An Easter Sunday I'll never forget

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

We welcomed our second daughter into the world yesterday at 11 21 am. We planned a home birth, and it turned into a water birth.

It was the hardest thing I have ever done. Transition took 5 hours because there was a lip behind the cervix that would not come down and allow me to complete dialation. At 10 30 am I was so tired of being in pain, i decided I wanted to go to the hospital, but before I did that I wanted to sit in the tub to try to get some relief from contractions.

It did me no good, the contractions just got worse and worse, and the next thing I remember I felt like pushing. My midwifes apprentice was sitting in the restroom with me, and she goes, "Annastacia...don't push" and I remember saying "But I have to" she called my midwife into the restroom, because she was out in the living room calling the hospital to let them know we were on our way. She asked if she could just check me real quick, and as soon as she stuck her fingers in, she goes "baby, her head is right there! lets push!"

I waited for a contraction to come and her head started coming right out. I pushed a good three times, within about 5 minutes and she was out.

It was so amazing.I was so ready to give up and in the end we had a beautiful water birth.

by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
truealaskanmom
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:42 PM

congrats, did you have the urge to push during the time you had the lip on your cervix?

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:24 PM
I was in transition for that long too! I feel ya. My LO was facing up and I had to do painful positioning to get her to turn...cograts super mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:54 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!
:-D

It sounds like a rough experience~  good job!!!!!

I also had my second daughter in the water on Easter!!!

Caroline2010
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:57 PM

yay! congrats!

Pandapanda
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 10:13 PM
Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loves_her_baby
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

congrats, did you have the urge to push during the time you had the lip on your cervix?

i didnt actually, i was told to tell her if i felt pressure to push but i never did.

DixieFlower
by on Apr. 26, 2011 at 7:41 PM

awesome :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)