Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I need help ladies.

I had my meeting with my doula client today. All went well. And she let me attend her appointment with her OB. He is an awesome OB. He's totally cool with letting her birth her way and supports her and has been her doctor for a long time. ...the problem? He feels very strongly against delayed cord clamping. Not really a *big* issue, considering.

However, as a doula it's my job to stay well informed and provide accurate information for my clients, so I asked him to provide studies and resources that I could review that are in support of his view. Tomorrow I'll be going back to his office to pick up whatever he has printed out and I'd like to have the opposite view to hand to him.

I have a few articles and know of a couple studies on delayed cord clamping. But i'd really like to have the best of the best. If you ladies could help me find studies to support the benefits of delayed cord clamping that would be fabulous! :) Thanks.

by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:51 PM
Replies (11-11):
truealaskanmom
by on Apr. 26, 2011 at 4:28 PM

30 seconds is not long enough that short of time is more dangerous OMG I would fight on this one because of what it can do to the baby up to 60% of their blood can be lost if you clamp and cut too early 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)