Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

1st appt was today

Posted by on May. 4, 2011 at 9:56 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I had my first actual appointment it was nice, we did medical history and she tried to hear the HB but she uses a very low frequency doppler and wasn't surprised we couldn't get it.  I am measuring exactly at 11 weeks.  I have to stop by next week and she is going to re-try to draw my blood work I am a hard hard blood draw and I was feeling icky so it wasn't working lol.   She is scheduling me a U/S which I asked for so that I can get a good idea of placenta placement with my scar.  I really like my MW she is all about doing it the way that makes me most comfortable.  My biggest issue is that I still feel sooo afraid to trust anybody that I am not that comfy yet. 

by on May. 4, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanut06
by on May. 4, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Glad it seems to be going well.  Just think, you're already almost 1/3 of the way to delivery!  Crazy how quickly those little beans with quiet heartbeats turn to sweet, crying babies!

Pandapanda
by on May. 4, 2011 at 10:27 PM
I'm glad it went well! It sounds like you're in good hands.

Soon you'll be feeling baby wiggle around and then soon after that, be sharing your birth story ;)

If the placenta is laying over your scar, is it dangerous or just something to keep an eye on? Just curious :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Then go slow.   
You don't have to put all your (trust) eggs in her basket this week.

;-)

Glad to hear it went well!

:-D

HUGS!

truealaskanmom
by on May. 5, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Quoting Pandapanda:

I'm glad it went well! It sounds like you're in good hands.

Soon you'll be feeling baby wiggle around and then soon after that, be sharing your birth story ;)

If the placenta is laying over your scar, is it dangerous or just something to keep an eye on? Just curious :)

yes if it attaches to my scar it can be quite dangerous and would likely mean another c-section because that would be the only way to get it off it is accredita or precredita (sp?) and can be very dangerous and even deadly.  

rachelrothchild
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2011 at 12:27 AM

:)

Roadfamily6now
by on May. 5, 2011 at 2:25 AM

Your midwife is really great! Highly respected and recommended. I only wish she could help be there for your birth too.

I'm happy to hear your first appointment went well. Her place or yours? I'm always curious to know how it goes with a true Homebirthing Midwife. 

Make sure you drink plenty of water for your next blood draw.

Hrivera5
by on May. 5, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Your midwife sounds pretty wonderful :)  glad it went well!

truealaskanmom
by on May. 5, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Quoting Roadfamily6now:

Your midwife is really great! Highly respected and recommended. I only wish she could help be there for your birth too.

I'm happy to hear your first appointment went well. Her place or yours? I'm always curious to know how it goes with a true Homebirthing Midwife. 

Make sure you drink plenty of water for your next blood draw.

hers she has an office above sleepy dog cafe Stella was there too yeah lots of water and sugar I didnt expect blood draws I thought she would send me to a lab not do it herself lol so I didn't prep since I am soooo hard to get blood out of. 

She did however say she would come immediately following the birth for my first PP visit. And that if I do decide to go hospital she will come with.  

Roadfamily6now
by on May. 6, 2011 at 2:27 AM

that's great! A midwife supportive of UC!

skittles2011
by on May. 6, 2011 at 8:21 PM

glad your appt went well & that you found a mw who works well with you :) wishing you a happy & healthy nine months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)