Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

gah I hate c-sections

Posted by on May. 5, 2011 at 2:40 PM
  • 19 Replies
My husband's co-worker's wife just had a baby yesterday. She was "overdue" (2 days past EDD) and went in for an induction, and surprise, ended up with a c-section. It's funny because I've only met her once, but I am so irritated that she had the section! Her OB must be pretty pro-intervention, because she had an appointment on her EDD and he offered (!) to induce to her that day. sigh. It seems so obvious to me that birth is so much simpler than that. My husband asked his co-worker last week if his wife was interested in natural birth, and he said "Well she's not planning a waterbirth or anything weird like that" lol good thing my husband hadn't shared much about our views on birth!
by on May. 5, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by on May. 5, 2011 at 2:42 PM
weird? Well I think shes weird for inducing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on May. 5, 2011 at 3:14 PM

weird like that whatever if only they knew the benefits lol 

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 5, 2011 at 3:24 PM

yeah my husband didn't tell him that we had planned a waterbirth for our 3 month old son, and are planning a home waterbirth for the next one :D

doulala
by on May. 6, 2011 at 1:30 AM

What gets me CRAZY is that sooo many folks just don't know what they are missing.

Investing in birth preparation and working for a serene and joyful, gentle natural birth is worth it!

Roadfamily6now
by on May. 6, 2011 at 2:05 AM

:( People have no idea.

thinkingmom2be
by on May. 6, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Quoting Roadfamily6now:

:( People have no idea.

Sadly true

Roadfamily6now
by on May. 6, 2011 at 1:00 PM

BUMP!

skittles2011
by on May. 6, 2011 at 8:28 PM

i have to admit i was one of those, who thought going natural was just crazy. with ds1 i had a very medicated birth (stadol & epi) and planned to do the same with ds2, even went so far as to schedule an induction at 39wks. thankfuly ds2 had other ideas. 2 days before my induction i went into labor. labor started at 7pm 12/10 and i was 10 cm at 7:30am 12/11...he was born at 8:14am and now i am a firm believer in natural and plan to have #3 natural :)

Pandapanda
by on May. 6, 2011 at 9:06 PM

I'm so frustrated. There's a woman in my edd group who's choosing a c-section for her first so her baby won't "suffocate in the birth canal".

*facepalm//cry*

truealaskanmom
by on May. 6, 2011 at 9:11 PM

OMG, I hope her provider won't do it 

Quoting Pandapanda:

I'm so frustrated. There's a woman in my edd group who's choosing a c-section for her first so her baby won't "suffocate in the birth canal".

*facepalm//cry*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN