Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
My husband's co-worker's wife just had a baby yesterday. She was "overdue" (2 days past EDD) and went in for an induction, and surprise, ended up with a c-section. It's funny because I've only met her once, but I am so irritated that she had the section! Her OB must be pretty pro-intervention, because she had an appointment on her EDD and he offered (!) to induce to her that day. sigh. It seems so obvious to me that birth is so much simpler than that. My husband asked his co-worker last week if his wife was interested in natural birth, and he said "Well she's not planning a waterbirth or anything weird like that" lol good thing my husband hadn't shared much about our views on birth!
by on May. 5, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Replies (11-19):
doulala
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2011 at 10:05 PM
Quoting Pandapanda:

I'm so frustrated. There's a woman in my edd group who's choosing a c-section for her first so her baby won't "suffocate in the birth canal".

*facepalm//cry*

jaw drop

Thank God they invented cesareans so that humans can FINALLY start to survive!

Are you kidding, I want to read her post!

truealaskanmom
by on May. 6, 2011 at 10:39 PM

me too 

Quoting doulala:

Quoting Pandapanda:

I'm so frustrated. There's a woman in my edd group who's choosing a c-section for her first so her baby won't "suffocate in the birth canal".

*facepalm//cry*

jaw drop

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 7, 2011 at 10:05 AM

argggggh... the sad thing is, it doesn't matter what factual information you give her, she probably won't change her mind.

I always wonder how people think the human race has survived this long without pitocin and c sections and epidurals!

Quoting doulala:

Quoting Pandapanda:

*facepalm//cry*

jaw drop

CrunchyMom2Two
by on May. 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I got the "you're crazy!" hundreds of times when people found out we were planning a homebirth for our second.  Then when he was born, things did not go according to plan.  The midwife did not make it and DH and I delievered him ourselves.  SO many people have since said "I knew something would go wrong!" "How terrible!" and "Your next will be in a hospital right?"  Seriously?!?!  I love Love LOVE the fact that DS2 can say that Mom and Dad delivered him!  People need to get over themselves!

Pandapanda
by on May. 7, 2011 at 3:57 PM

I won't actually post it here, since that's a no-no, but I will message you later today when I go back and look at the post. ;)

HippiePhun
by on May. 7, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Yeah interesting how "planned" people want to be when having a baby....for the love of God.....its a baby.....not everything has to be human controled....ok that was my little venting...LOL. Sometimes its good to not share your bithplan and then hear something like this....when people as what we are doing....I get the OH.....and that's their response...LOL....but again....it probably doesn surprise them since I drive a old VW bus and have dreadlocks....LOL. During our move from OR to CA we had a temporary dr.......his wife was doing our ultra sound and asked why we moved down here....told her family and my sister is expecting too. She asked where she is going.....told her not sure, but she has a midwife....whe came out and said "oh the baby killers" I was SOOO shocked....I usually respond very quickly on something like this but again SHOCK. Then she says yes they call my husband when the baby is dead or close to dead.....I asked her...I take it you don't like midwives......there was sooooooooo much more I wanted to say, but bit my tongue.....she didn't know she was temp until I found a midwife, doula, birthing center, water birth,etc....She didn't know my viewpoint....so unprofessional on so many different levels. I was told I need to write in to complain...which I would love to do...but will just share their names and the story with locals and let Karma take its path!

rachelrothchild
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Not to mention that two days past the EDD is not "overdue".

I think it's "weird" to have a baby cut out of you.  People mock what they don't understand.

SantisMom500
by on May. 8, 2011 at 11:54 AM
I hate it when they tell you that you're "overdue" just cuz its past your due date. I'm due in 3 weeks and they better not try to induce me if I go past it a few days..grrr..oh and I am planning a natural birth as well. Wish us well!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roadfamily6now
by on May. 8, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Quoting CrunchyMom2Two:

I got the "you're crazy!" hundreds of times when people found out we were planning a homebirth for our second.  Then when he was born, things did not go according to plan.  The midwife did not make it and DH and I delievered him ourselves.  SO many people have since said "I knew something would go wrong!" "How terrible!" and "Your next will be in a hospital right?"  Seriously?!?!  I love Love LOVE the fact that DS2 can say that Mom and Dad delivered him!  People need to get over themselves!

How odd. Seems to be everything went RIGHT. :) Way to go.

Tammy

ICAN of Anchorage

Chapter Leader

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)