Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

anything natural I can try to help me sleep at night I am not sleeping well at all, but I won't take drugs because Briar and I just don't like to 

by on May. 6, 2011 at 8:52 PM
Replies (11-16):
thinkingmom2be
by on May. 7, 2011 at 10:07 AM

My DH has always had trouble sleeping until he started drinking a cup of tea before bedtime.  But it is really dry here so we usually keep water by our bed and sip through out the night. I have also used a little cloth bag with rice (warmed up or not) over the eyes to fall asleep.  I don't like the mask ones but the weight of the rice can feel really nice and relieve pressure. You can always scent it a little with essential oils for some lovely aroma thereapy too - lavender is good for sleep too. Sweet Dreams.

doulala
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Yes, block windows and lavender!!

sleep

Megan.Aber
by on May. 8, 2011 at 2:04 AM
What u aren't used to it??!! Lol. We have that issue too. Didn't put up blackout curtains yet. We'll prolly just do the blanket over the cutains so we don't have to take anything down and put back up...

Quoting truealaskanmom:

I also think part of the problem is the sunshine we don't have blackouts in our bedroom and we keep putting it off so the sun is up at 4ish and down at midnightish so it makes it hard to turn it off

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by on May. 8, 2011 at 3:19 AM
I always liked tin foil on the windows during summer, cheap and works well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JealousGrrl
by on May. 8, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Make a sachel of cotton with a little lavender essential oil on it (the real kind) and put it under ur pillow.  The lavender will help calm u and put u to sleep.  :)

truealaskanmom
by on May. 8, 2011 at 3:23 PM

I am used to it the issue is that when it is sunny during the summer I want to be out doing stuff and put sleep last when I lived in North Pole it was a lot worse more sun there.  I already am a light sleeper from nursing so it makes it harder. 

Quoting Megan.Aber:

What u aren't used to it??!! Lol. We have that issue too. Didn't put up blackout curtains yet. We'll prolly just do the blanket over the cutains so we don't have to take anything down and put back up...

Quoting truealaskanmom:

I also think part of the problem is the sunshine we don't have blackouts in our bedroom and we keep putting it off so the sun is up at 4ish and down at midnightish so it makes it hard to turn it off

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)