• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need help and advice. PLEASE

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have had 2 hospital births. One went horribly, the other, pretty well. I am looking for something different! I wanted a home birth with my son, but we live with my MIL & it made her uneasy [she is an RN, if that explains anything.] LOL. Home Birth assisted with a midwife or ANYTHING planned is illegal in my state [Ga]. And the only birth center is 4-5 hours away..?! I know an ALL NATURAL hospital birth is extremely difficult. WHAT can I do? I'm at a loss. This is our last baby and I NEED to feel it all. I want the real deal. HELP?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:17 PM

So your options are to have an unassisted home birth,  to have a midwife present unofficially (illegally) at home,  to labor in a hotel near the birth center and just go in when it's Time,  or strategize for a natural hospital birth.   

You feel the hospital setting will be challenging in regards to your preferences.    This is probably very true!    Do they have a reputation?   Do you have a doula?

"The traditional midwife believes that birth proceeds in a spiral fashion: labor starts, stops and starts, while the baby goes down, up and down, and the cervix opens, closes and opens.   Nature has no design for failure; she holds her own meaning for success."Sher Willis

bebeloves3
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Yes, but I cannot figure out which option is better. It is completely unrealistic to go to the birthing center considering i already have 2 children. But I also dont want to get into legal trouble for having the birth I want. :( My hospital is VERY intervention happy and i cannot get a doula to call me back. Im so frustrated

Quoting doulala:

So your options are to have an unassisted home birth,  to have a midwife present unofficially (illegally) at home,  to labor in a hotel near the birth center and just go in when it's Time,  or strategize for a natural hospital birth.   

You feel the hospital setting will be challenging in regards to your preferences.    This is probably very true!    Do they have a reputation?   Do you have a doula?

doulala
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:28 AM

The first option isn't illegal, but may not be ideal.
Would you consider that??

Roadfamily6now
by on May. 22, 2011 at 3:57 AM

BUMP!

bebeloves3
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:18 AM

The unnassited home birth?

Quoting doulala:

The first option isn't illegal, but may not be ideal.
Would you consider that??

doulala
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Yes~    what about unnassisted at home?

bebeloves3
by on May. 22, 2011 at 2:09 PM

How do you prepare for that??

Quoting doulala:

Yes~    what about unnassisted at home?

doulala
by on May. 22, 2011 at 2:17 PM

There are websites and links, a midwife can probabaly give you some tips, but starting with Laura Shanley's site and purebirth australia will be a begining.

;-)

Bornfree! Laura Shanley's Unassisted Childbirth Page

Free Birth (Unassisted Birth) - Joyous Birth - The Australian ...

truealaskanmom
by on May. 22, 2011 at 4:33 PM

The birth center may not be as bad as you think unless you have short labors then it would be pointless.  Birth centers are friendly to other children being there.  Or UC which is a great option for some but not all.  I  am having a UC 

peanut06
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Depending on how closely you are to Atlanta, there are still midwives willing to assist.  And, you won't get in trouble for having a midwife at your homebirth--they run the risk and are well aware of how to handle that side of things.  http://georgiamidwives.net/zlc-30901-1-2412-Birth_in_the_Tradition%e2%84%a2_Midwives.aspx  Or, if you're close to the SC border, there are tons of freestanding birthing centers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)