• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Orgasmic Birth

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:16 AM
  • 7 Replies
I've heard about orgasmic birth. It got me thinking.

Has anyone had sex or masturbated during labor?

Does it help, speed up labor, make it more intense, make contractions more painful?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
peanut06
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I've heard of massaging the clitoris during contractions to distract mom.  I would imagine sex could intensify contractions, especially if hubby fully finishes because the prostaglandins in the semenal fluid are very similar to the gel used to "ripen" a woman's cervix during some inductions.  Also, if the woman has an orgasm during sex, her body should release some oxytocin, which causes contractions.

When I think of orgasmic birthing, I figure it's close to hypnobirthing, in that you free yourself from the "pains" of labor and embrace the experience.  If you're riding those wonderful endorphin waves long enough, it should be very possible to have an orgasm during childbirth, without sex!

Clara

eccentric.gif picture by lilbean08  stewie2218814qr.gif picture by lilbean08 blinkies.gif picture by lilbean08
childletparenting.gif picture by lilbean08
Happy momma to two sweet daughters and one dear son

kcangel63
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:00 PM
I'm practicing Hypnobirting for this baby. We are also planning our first water birth.

With the mivie Orgasmic Birth (which I really want to see), it got me wondering about sex and bringing ourselves to orgasm during labor.

Although, I do know that is not what orgasmic birth is, it was just one of those thoughts that popped into my head, since orgasm does cause contractions (at least on me).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:16 PM

I've givin birth to three boys and being touched is the last thing on my mind.  lol

doulala
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I have not,   but have felt ecstatic in birth, orgamic-ish!

;-)

It's a hormonal surging things more than a physical-sexy thing, imo.

SrkStrickland
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:02 AM

I saw the movie. It was a GREAT movie :) Very interesting. I think though what they mean is acheiving an orgasm without sex or masturbation. None of the woman in the movie had to. If I remember correctly, if you just let go completely the same hormones that increase during labor (oxytocin) are the same that increase during sex. So it is possible that instead of feeling pain the hormones cause you to orgasm. I do think I've heard of massaging the clitoris during labor though for distraction and nipple stimulation to get contractions going or regular. I'm not sure if it's safe to have full on sex during labor though.

Quoting kcangel63:

I'm practicing Hypnobirting for this baby. We are also planning our first water birth.

With the mivie Orgasmic Birth (which I really want to see), it got me wondering about sex and bringing ourselves to orgasm during labor.

Although, I do know that is not what orgasmic birth is, it was just one of those thoughts that popped into my head, since orgasm does cause contractions (at least on me).

monalisasus
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:42 AM
I hoped i could have that of course. I became so focus on my hip pain (my back labor, felt like my hips were on fire) that letting go was not an option for me at the time. Hopfully next time i can prepare more for the labor part. I will say once the contractions got intense everything i wanted to do went out the window and i went inside myself. All i could remember to do was keep my mouth untense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monalisasus
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:43 AM
I hoped i could have that of course. I became so focus on my hip pain (my back labor, felt like my hips were on fire) that letting go was not an option for me at the time. Hopfully next time i can prepare more for the labor part. I will say once the contractions got intense everything i wanted to do went out the window and i went inside myself. All i could remember to do was keep my mouth untense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)