Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

My Intro~

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2007 at 9:59 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hello Dear Ladies! I am Stephanie (AKA Doulala). I am a birth doula and birth junkie. I am taking over as the Owner here and wanted to introduce myself. My passion to learn and share information is just as great as my need to comfort women as they work through childbirth. I LOVE this stuff!! Let me know if you have questions and concerns and I'll do my very best to help! :)
by on Nov. 7, 2007 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
1littleangel07
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 11:06 PM
I will soon be moving back to IL, and I want to find a good midwife and birthing center there. Most people there think none exist, but I know there has to be some! I'm not pregnant again yet, but probably will be within the next year and a half or so, and I like to have my ducks in a row ahead of time. Any suggestions on finding someone?
OliversMommy411
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 11:45 PM

Quoting 1littleangel07:

I will soon be moving back to IL, and I want to find a good midwife and birthing center there. Most people there think none exist, but I know there has to be some! I'm not pregnant again yet, but probably will be within the next year and a half or so, and I like to have my ducks in a row ahead of time. Any suggestions on finding someone?

Where in IL?  Midwest Midwifery in Addison is a group of wonderful women!  They do deliveries at Alexian Brothers Hospital.  I had the best birth experience for my baby boy, I felt so blessed to have them there for me! 

doulala
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 3:16 AM
Quoting 1littleangel07:

Try MANA's (Midwives Of North America) website: http://www.mana.org/memberlist.html . "Please e-mail Nina McIndoe at membership@mana.org and specify which state(s) and/or province(s) you wish listed." Also, I found this website: http://birthpartners.com . Hope this helps... ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN