Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fav hypnobirthing book?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:31 AM
  • 6 Replies
thanks for any recommendations:)
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
peanut06
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I used Hypnobirthing:  The Mongan Method.  It also discusses a little laboring history and what is physically and emotionally happening at each point in labor's natural progression.  Got it off ebay for about $12 (free ship).  But, just saw amazon has at least one used copy for about $8 (including shipping).  The L&D nurses said I made it look easy, being so relaxed.  Of my three births, it was definitely the calmest :)

nrsmama4
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Quoting peanut06:

I used Hypnobirthing:  The Mongan Method.  It also discusses a little laboring history and what is physically and emotionally happening at each point in labor's natural progression.  Got it off ebay for about $12 (free ship).  But, just saw amazon has at least one used copy for about $8 (including shipping).  The L&D nurses said I made it look easy, being so relaxed.  Of my three births, it was definitely the calmest :)

When I had my dtr, nurses were coming in to see me because other nurses were passing along to them how easy I was making it look...  Nothing about labor is easy, but I was so deeply relaxed and focused that it did "appear" to be easy for me. :)

I used the same book, haven't heard of any others.

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
peanut06
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I think Hypnobabies has a book, too.  (both styles of hypno have classes available in some areas, but not in my neck of po-dunk Kentucky LOL)

eccentric.gif picture by lilbean08  stewie2218814qr.gif picture by lilbean08 blinkies.gif picture by lilbean08
childletparenting.gif picture by lilbean08
Happy momma to two sweet daughters and one dear son

doulala
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:12 PM

I have only read the Mongan book.

:-)

MamaKalila
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:10 AM

I read the Mongan book too, but ended up ordering HypnoBabies... It has a workbook with it, but not a seperate book. I loved HypnoBabies.

Pandapanda
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)