Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

two new facts about pregnancy according to my MIL *update

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM
  • 13 Replies

she is well trained by the Doctors and Dr. Oz as well as the land of make believe and clips from the news!

Fact 1 babies dont grow the last two weeks of pregnancy

Fact 2 they are now saving amniotic fluid because it curses disease 

(i posted this in my birth group but really wanted to share)

Now I feel bad

http://www.drugs.com/clinical_trials/study-confirms-third-trimester-amniotic-fluid-reliable-source-stem-cells-regenerative-medicine-stem-11183.html

its hard to believe anything that she says when shit just comes out of her mouth all the time. But if she spoke like an intelligent person maybe I would have believed her 

Now do I tell her she was right? probly not.....

BabyFruit Ticker
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Lmao!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunkyldy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM

wow thanks for sharing I would have never known! lol

doulala
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:15 PM

lol!

This has me wondering:
Do babies know when their "last two weeks are"?
They know that they will come at 43 weeks so they stop growing at 41, or born at 37 so they stop growing at 35.
Does the baby know that Who mommy hires for her maternity care factors in greatly ?
   Her doctor might decide to induce based on a golf tourney...     Does baby know to stop growing prior to that??

Hmmm...    making me think!

Caroline2010
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM

LOL!

Quoting doulala:

lol!

This has me wondering:
They know that they will come at 43 weeks so they stop growing at 41, or born at 37 so they stop growing at 35.
Does the baby know that Who mommy hires for her maternity care factors in greatly ?
   Her doctor might decide to induce based on a golf tourney...     Does baby know to stop growing prior to that??

Loving mother to Caroline Pearl Sharpe born February 14, 2010

Im a Exclusively Pumping, non vaccinating, non medicating, natural/home birthing, cloth diapering, sahm and im loving every minute of it!

Roadfamily6now
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Oh My!

DixieFlower
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Of course! That's what the third trimester VE's are for. It's the OB telling the baby needs to be ready for eviction. ;)

Quoting doulala:

lol!

This has me wondering:

joyful_mama
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:06 PM

LOL!!

Quoting DixieFlower:

Of course! That's what the third trimester VE's are for. It's the OB telling the baby needs to be ready for eviction. ;)

Quoting doulala:

lol!

This has me wondering:

mommytotwonow
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:15 PM

bump for update

fluud7
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:46 PM
I was just about to say that I read that recently about the amniotic fluid. But then I saw your update.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Some people hear a tidbit and then try to pass it on, jumbling up the facts...   
?

lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)