Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

keep pumping?? PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:31 PM
  • 12 Replies

OK I have been pumping since day 3, I pump every morning, I have missed 2 morning pumpings EVER, a year apart BOTH while on vacation.  I work fulltime and I pumped at work 2-3 times til I summer break started.  Today was the first day back.  I did not pump while I was gone at all, been away off and on the past 2 weeks and didnt pump so I took my pump just in case today but I was fine.  Asher takes NO milk while I am gone(hes 15 months), just solids and water.  I do donate milk though.  SIGH I kept pumping with my last one til 19 months, I feel guilty for considering stopping now.  I only get 1.5-2oz from that morning session, no clue what I would get daytime....should I stop? If I did pump I have to get up at like 6am instead of 630-7(depending on the day)...if I pumped at work I would have midday/lunch to do it on prob then. Oh what to do

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:32 PM

I wouldn't. I value my sleep and if my child wasn't eating while I was gone anyway, I wouldn't want to get up early to do so.

JoJoBean8
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:34 PM
If you will feel guilty stopping then I would pump until you hit 19 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM
You can always restart if u change your mind I quit pumping at work for almost 2months and recently restarted and still producin an ok amount
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Yeah I know my supply basically its very sensitive...if I miss a day my output goes way down..I missed once day in June and it never rebounded..I was pumping 3-4 ounces in the morning and now get 1.5-2 oz  at this age and time if I stopped it would be over as far as responding to the pump

JazzysWifey
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:54 PM
If your child wasn't depending on you I'd stop, out of convenience...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Yeah the momma I donate to told me she'll be ok just to hang up the horns....

catholicmamamia
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:17 AM

You have such wonderful instincts, Tabi! What are they telling you? 

Crunchy Moms ~ Lactivist ~ Natural Family Planning
                              ♥♥♥♥ Join me in some of these great groups ♥♥♥

bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:00 AM
Each child is different. My daughter quit nursing cold turkey at 12 months. I tried to continue nursing, but it wasn't what she wanted. If you become frustrated and tired w pumping, do not feel guilty for choosing to stop pumping. Will your Dd still nurse at night? If so, maybe a once a day nursing is what will work for you this time around. Good luck!
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:53 AM
Yeah my guy still nurse about six times a day/night so he doesn't need the milk.

I didn't pump this morning, but he only nursed one side before I left. Now I am in pain...sigh lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:55 AM
Its guilty feelings telling me to keep going! Not instincts. Instincts say nothing....heart says I did it for 19 months last time getting less...but he needed the milk, this time he refuses milk in a Sippy so no need for it. I have alot stored.

Quoting catholicmamamia:

You have such wonderful instincts, Tabi! What are they telling you? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)