Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aiden's big journey in to this world

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

Well Wednesday evening at about 11:00 I started having some very mild pressure waves that were very inconsistent so we went a little longer and I let Aaron time them to see if they were going to go away or not well about 1:00 rolls around and they aren't going away so we call Aaron's mom to come take Annalina since she said that she would babysit while we had our home birth. Well things progressed very slowly at first and by friday the 12th we decided to go into the hospital to have an ultrasound since my midwife could find Aiden's head in the downward position anymore.

During the ultrasound had flip flopped into so many different positions that we weren't sure if we were still going to be able to have a home birth but we got him to go head down and figured out which birthing positions that he didn't like that would cause him to move around. Thankfully with that knowledge I was finally able to dilate from nothing (cause we had a hard time finding the cervix) to 3 cm which is a lot farther than I made it with Annalina. By Saturday night the 13th I was sooo tired and beat down that we decided to go to the hospital and get some help trying to get Aiden to come out. I had an epidural at about 4:00 after being on that for an hour and a half I was able to relax enough to dilate the rest of the way to 10 cm SO at that point they turned off the epidural and I was ready to start the pushing process I think it took about 2 hours to get to that point then we started pushing he started progressing down the birth canal really well but by about 11:00 which is when the doctor was going to cut me off if I failed to continue to progress. Well Aiden didn't want to crown so we made the decision to continue with a c section. Through the 4 days of labor Aiden stayed strong and healthy his heart beat never dropped below normal and he never got stressed in utero.

After everything that we have been through Aiden is perfectly healthy and Annalina is totally in love with him. I love our little family and the strength joy they give me. Annalina is so patient with me and Aiden and every time she looks at him she smiles real big. She loves to be his big sister. Now is just the long precess to recovery but we will manage just great. Even though I would have loved to have a home birth instead of another c section life is still good cause I know that I did everything that to try and have Aden naturally but I'm not resentful to having a c section. I know that I am a strong powerful woman that can have beautiful babies no matter how they come into this world.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wendalyn
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

RishawnsMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:51 PM
Congratulations new mommy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:27 PM

You did great Mama!!!  Congratulations!

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Congratulastions!

peaches_04
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:31 PM

congratulations! sorry it didnt goe as you planned

what a cutie:)

truealaskanmom
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:11 PM

congrats 

Earthy_Mom
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Congrats!

doulala
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:13 PM

congratulations

catholicmamamia
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:55 PM

congratulations

Crunchy Moms ~ Lactivist ~ Natural Family Planning
                              ♥♥♥♥ Join me in some of these great groups ♥♥♥

DixieFlower
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Congrats! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)