Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babywearing!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:11 AM
  • 71 Replies

Who is a babywearer or plans on babywearing? What kind of carriers do you use or plan on using? 

Picture131.gif breastfeeding image by Positivemom 

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
truealaskanmom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:12 AM

I do, I have a moby, a baby bjorn and a backpack carrier.  I WANT an ergo soooooo baldy.  Oh yeah I have a ring sling but I am too short for it 

thundersky
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:21 AM

i did some with my daughter the but sling was a pain. nest time i want the baby k'tan that looks cool and easy

jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:23 AM
Oh boy I have a babywearing addiction.... Or so my hubby says lol. We have 2 Moby wrapa, ring sling, mei tai, Baby Ktan, Ergo with newborn insert, and a Boba. I think thats all LOL. I have an awful Infantino one as a back up in case our other one became dirty or broken but I'll probably get rid of it. We still wear our 18 month old and now only use the Boba for him so we will be wearing 2 kiddos here shortly. I want a woven wrap as well. And maybe a mesh ring sling for the pool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RachieAych
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:23 AM

I have a moby, but i really want an ergo.  I just wish they were cheaper.

jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:24 AM
Our Ergo and Boba will get the most use though. We have used our Boba daily... Many times.... For a long time with Markus. Its the most comfy, convenient way to wear them IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:26 AM
They are expensive! I lucked out and found one with the newborn insert at Once Upon A Child for $20. They didn't realize what they had I guess and labeled it as a front carrier.

Baby steals website frequently has them half off.

Quoting RachieAych:

I have a moby, but i really want an ergo.  I just wish they were cheaper.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:31 AM

I am a babywearer. We have a Moby, a Seven Sling, and a Mei Tai. I will be ordering an Ergo when my baby is a little bit bigger. He is on the smaller side.

truealaskanmom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Quoting jconney80:

Our Ergo and Boba will get the most use though. We have used our Boba daily... Many times.... For a long time with Markus. Its the most comfy, convenient way to wear them IMO

Is the boba better than the ergo??  They seem identical to me but I would love to know what you think 

jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:44 AM
They are pretty close! The part of the Boba that holds the baby is wider and taller, which is great for taller babies/ toddlers. This is nice if you plan on wearing baby into toddlerhood. In the Ergo they can lean back farther if they are taller. It also fits larger framed people better. I personally like the Boba better. I feel like it fits me better. But the only complaint I have is its not reinforced where the bottom of the carrier meets the waistband and we have had two that have started coming apart there. Fortunately they replace it in the first year if you have problems. But we do use ours several times a day and for hiking several times a week etc. We probably use it more than most.

I've not used my Ergo as much. I've been saving it for the new baby. But it is still very nice. Hubby and I have never had pain from wearing our 24 lb 18 month old... He's been this weight for quite awhile lol... On our backs for hours.

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Quoting jconney80:

Is the boba better than the ergo??  They seem identical to me but I would love to know what you think 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:39 AM
I baby wear my toddler with the beco baby carrier and loooooove it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)