Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Homemade Shampoo

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 1:05 PM
  • 15 Replies
Do you make your own shampoo/hair rinse?

What is the "recipe"? Where do you get the supplies?

I've been wanring to make my own, and am very interested in this.
For a hair rinse, once a month I yse a bottle of beer on my hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 1:05 PM
**use**
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeggerSmith
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Bump Id like to know because most shampoo cause my hair to dry out and makes me itchy!

Yuriko_chan
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 1:11 PM

I went no poo for a bit. A baking soda wash with a acv rinse. I was just too impatient to wait through the transition period. I'm going to try it again pretty soon. Although I must say that my hair has never been softer:)

kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 1:16 PM
I tried this, but my hair was SUPER stiff and I smelled like a salad for the few days I did it. I couldn't even brush my hair because of how stiff it was (like 5 yr old doll hair)

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

I went no poo for a bit. A baking soda wash with a acv rinse. I was just too impatient to wait through the transition period. I'm going to try it again pretty soon. Although I must say that my hair has never been softer:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yuriko_chan
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Oh man, that stinks! Sounds like you may have used too much baking soda. IDK

Quoting kcangel63:

I tried this, but my hair was SUPER stiff and I smelled like a salad for the few days I did it. I couldn't even brush my hair because of how stiff it was (like 5 yr old doll hair)

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 1:24 PM
LOL

Probably

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

Oh man, that stinks! Sounds like you may have used too much baking soda. IDK

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
organicyogalove
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 1:29 PM

i get my supplies at whole foods, i use castille soap and some essential oils  i did no poo for a while but my hair changes when im pregnant for some reason. i used to make this really complicated glycerin based shampoo but found that it caused too much build up.

Dragonmamas
by Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Bump for more responses!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Aug. 23, 2011 at 1:45 PM
I've been doing no poo but apparently baking soda and hard water aren't friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimTs
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I mix one teaspoon apple cider vinegar with one egg, one tablespoon lemon juice and one ounce of Olive oil in a blender. Blend ingredients until well mixed. Pour into a bottle and use as you would any other shampoo. I also use homemade coconut milk shampoo, it makes my hair soft and silky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN