• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AP and non supportive partner....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
I am all about AP and breastfeeding but DF is against it in every way....he doesnt even support breastfeeding.... This is most likely my last and I so want to do the natural child birth...which he is supportive... Breastfeed which he is not... Co sleeping definitly against and so fourth....me and dd spent the whole day together and she never left my side and she was so much happier and well be haved but he looks at it as her getting her way and shes gonna turn into a spoiled brat and so fourth.... He is so stubborn and wont even read information I offer him about it....my biggest thing is nursing... I am not willing to give it up and dont think I should have to. I understand he was raised with this views and its what he sees as right...but how can I show him that it is not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
five_so_far
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:11 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethought
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:14 PM
I'm not sure other than to say hes being an ass. My husband was acting like that while I was explaining my all natural birth plan. I said "too bad, it's my body my choice. If you don't support it I promise you will not be in the room for the birth of this child" it's your body hun, and the healthiest thing for baby. Don't let him bully you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairygirl_13
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:17 PM
Just do it. Don't buy bottles or formula, don't pump, just breastfeed. Have you looked at a side car bed thing so baby can be right next to you and not in bed with you?

Also, ask him WHY he thinks breastfeeding is bad? Ask him to PROVE it to you, which he won't be able too.
if this were *me* I would be being a huge bitch and attacking every negitive issue he has and telling him it was linked to how he was raised- as in the non attachment parenting stuff :) but that's me lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LBAKER032307
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:24 PM

BUMP!

One-n-Counting
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:33 PM

This:

Quoting fairygirl_13:

Just do it. Don't buy bottles or formula, don't pump, just breastfeed. Have you looked at a side car bed thing so baby can be right next to you and not in bed with you?

JoJoBean8
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:33 PM

My husband is usually on board with everything I do but he is anti home birth. He understands why I want a home birth but he isn't comfortable with it. I asked him to tell me why he was against it and then we went and talked about each issue. Next time we will be having a home birth and it will be because we both want it because he had all his fears and concerns addressed.

five_so_far
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:35 PM
I breastfed her daughter and he hated the times like when we were in the car and she wanted to nurse so shed scream until we got where we were going or pull over so i can feed...or when we were out and about and having to take a break so i could nurse...none of this bothered me and i love nursing my babies... Also when i had to go back to work when she was 5 months and never had a bottle and was still exclusively breastfed.... Yeah trying to transition her was complete hell and it ripped my heart in two because I knew all she wanted was my milk from my breast... He was like the next one is on bottle from day one.... He knows how I feel and I have told him I am willing to do both...maybe...but I still intend to breastfeed because this will most likely be our last and I just cant imagine not having that bond with my baby boy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:08 PM

I say if he is going be an ass be one back do it anyways and tell him to shut it if he doesn't like it that you are going to do what is best for your baby and he can sit back and zip it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)