Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

A smidge of encouragement...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 1:07 AM
  • 14 Replies
Nervous about birth?? Focus on the FACT that women give birth NATURALLY all-day everyday, all over the world and have been since the beginning of humans. Most births have been/are Natural Births. Women's bodies were designed to do this. The billions of humans proove it! Birth is hard, VERY hard, but stay in-tune with this connection to other mamas. Keep it in mind: others before you and others after you do this. You can too. If you can appreciate WHY it's hard work, you can work WITH the contractions. The intensity is YOUR OWN body, your own energy, opening in a new & unique way. Release your tension & fears, surrender to this intensity. Work WITH it. Even meditate on it's strength, will it to be strong! When you can "be okay" with this Bigger-Than-You stuff that's taking over, you can start to enjoy (YES-even enjoy) your birth experience!!
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1littleangel07
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 10:43 PM
I love how you refer to "enjoying" it. People thought I was crazy, but the same day I had my daughter, I was saying I wanted to do it all over again! Sure....it HURT LIKE HELL....but it was the most wonderful pain I have ever felt.
doulala
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 10:47 PM
Yah, thanks. It's a short time (relatively~ in the Grand Scheme of things). Having a positive attitude and perspective helps to get through labor more easily-happily-less painfully. :)
anniekelleher
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 7:12 AM
that was always my attitude and the one i encouraged in my daughters:  birth is one of the things a female body is designed to do.  billions of years of evolution went into the perfection of this design  - i always wholeheartedly believed that my body was perfectly designed for this most amazing work and all i had to do was get myself out of the way.  i remember at some points in my labors feeling i was riding the back of an enormous whale.... and my job wa s to just hang on and let it all happen....
doulala
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 11:23 AM
Quoting anniekelleher:

all i had to do was get myself out of the way...  / ...and my job wa s to just hang on and let it all happen....

Exactly!!! :)
MyspaceKitKat
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 11:18 PM
So very true!  I loved this birth because I trusted in my bodies ability and NEED to birth this baby naturally. 

Owner of: Moving and Pregnant ~ Moms on bedrest ~ *Raising Intact Boys*

Admin of: Alternative Parenting ~ Moms Against Circumcision

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

LadyJennifer
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 11:22 PM
I agree. I feel the same way. I still look back with amazement on the feeling of my daughter coming out of me. Yes it hurt, but it was amazing!
Quoting 1littleangel07:

I love how you refer to "enjoying" it. People thought I was crazy, but the same day I had my daughter, I was saying I wanted to do it all over again! Sure....it HURT LIKE HELL....but it was the most wonderful pain I have ever felt.

MyspaceKitKat
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 11:26 PM
Totally!  Even on my third it was still painful, but it is truly like no other feeling in this world!!!  To feel the moment they are born, I am so upset I was ignorant with my first and will never get to go back and change that, it really breaks my heart.  I hate epidurals.  :(
Quoting LadyJennifer:

I agree. I feel the same way. I still look back with amazement on the feeling of my daughter coming out of me. Yes it hurt, but it was amazing!
Quoting 1littleangel07:

Owner of: Moving and Pregnant ~ Moms on bedrest ~ *Raising Intact Boys*

Admin of: Alternative Parenting ~ Moms Against Circumcision

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Pandapanda
by on Mar. 6, 2011 at 3:43 AM

BUMP!

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 6, 2011 at 3:45 AM

BUMP! 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

Pandapanda
by on Mar. 6, 2011 at 3:49 AM

I thought this was a good one, every member here should read it and know it's true! <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)