Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

home birth

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 10:35 AM
  • 14 Replies
Hi everyone my name is Tabitha and I had a home birth.  When I found out I was pregnant I didn't want to have my child at the hospital.  To me the hospital for for the sick or injured.  I met my midwife Nancy Spencer when I went to her house and took a pregnancy test and fell in love with her home.  She lives in Sumner and she has a waterfront home which is part of her office.  I was due Feb 8, 1999.  I went to see Nancy for my routine check up on January 18 and she told me If I wanted to I could have the baby now.  I said know I wanted to wait for the 20 or the 21 so he would be an Aquarius, so she told me to go home and rest and not to walk to much.  I went home that day and of course I couldn't stay in bed.  You never want to stay in bed if you have to lol. I wanted to get a camera that said it's a boy I went to Kmart where I first saw the camera but they didn't have it anymore, so I went to the mall and walked for 2hrs what was I thinking.  later taht night my best friend usually stayed the night with me but she wanted to go home and watch wrestling I told her watch I'll go into labor because your not here.  Sure enough at 3 am I started to have some somache pains they weren't  really strong or close, so I woke my mom up and told her I think it's time.  We called Nancy and she said come on in and we'll see what's going on.  My mom and I picked up my friend and we were on our way.  We got to Nancy's at about 6:30 am she said I was ready to go but my water hadn't broke yet, so she was going to break it for me.  When I went to stand up my water broke on it's own.  I wanted to give birth in the bath tub but he was ready to come now.  It's now 7:30 am  and I didn't have anything to eat or drink I was sicker then a dog.  I was throwing up and had diarrhea.  ugh  I felt miserable.  Nancy checked me again it's about 8:15 am and she said she could feel his head.  I began to push it hurt so bad the pressure felt like I had to go to the bathroom again, but it was just the pressure of the baby.  The ring of fire ohh my gosh that pain is horrible.  I video taped my sons birth and my friend got very close and personal.  Looking back now I though holly Jesus I can't believe my son came out from there.  It felt like he was ripping by butt hole, he didn't  I didn't rip at all. Nancy told me to push with each contraction and I did even though I didn't think I could, it hurt so bad.  I made up excuses why I couldn't push my back hurts what ever came into my mind.  Finally at 9 am my son was born 6 lbs 6 ozs 19 1/2''.  It was wonderful.   2hours later I got to go home.  I told my mom I was starving so we went to Ihop where I worked and saw all my friends they couldn't believe I felt as good as I did.  Being able to walk and being normal again.  Now my son is almost 9 how the years go by.
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2007 at 7:13 PM
Wow!!! What an experience! I can't believe you went to IHOP 2 hours or so after birthing! wheww! You are amazing!!!!!!!!
1littleangel07
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 10:40 PM
Wow...I wish I would've felt that good so soon after having her! I tore, and dislocated my tail bone, so I could hardly even move. Hopefully next time I'll feel great like you did!
doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2007 at 10:43 PM
Quoting 1littleangel07:

Wow...I wish I would've felt that good so soon after having her! I tore, and dislocated my tail bone, so I could hardly even move. Hopefully next time I'll feel great like you did!

Yikes!! How did that happen??
1littleangel07
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 10:58 PM
During the pushing phase it dislocated. I HEARD it pop....looked at my midwife and said "I heard a pop! What was that?" She just said, in her ever-so-calming voice "it's fine, you are doing fine" knowing all along that I would be in HORRIBLE pain later!!!! It feels better now, though it hurts on ocassion when I sit for a period of time (like right now!)
Quoting doulala:

Quoting 1littleangel07:

Yikes!! How did that hapen??

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2007 at 11:22 PM
Quoting 1littleangel07:

Does chiropractic or physical therapy help? Is it a permanent problem?
1littleangel07
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 11:58 PM
I saw a chiropractor, but not enough times to really help because I couldn't afford it. But it is supposed to help a little, from what I've heard. It should heal on it's own, though it may lead to permanent issues with my tailbone such as soreness and such. I'm hoping it doesn't happen next time I give birth, though it may because that just may be the way I am shaped.
Quoting doulala:

Quoting 1littleangel07:

Does chiropractic or physical therapy help? Is it a permanent problem?

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:24 AM
Quoting 1littleangel07:

I haven't heard of it before~ I don't think it's very common, probably not likely to re-occur. What position were you in when that happened?
1littleangel07
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 7:35 PM
Sitting in the birthing tub, but my bottom half was actually kinda floating. I held myself up on my arms (with my husbands help) because if I was kinda floating, the pain was much more bearable.
Quoting doulala:

Quoting 1littleangel07:

I haven't heard of it before~ I don't think it's very common, probably not likely to re-occur. What position were you in when that happened?

Naomidoula
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 7:39 PM
I remember hearing a pop while giving birth, I knew it was my tailbone at the time, but both my husband and friend thought it was the baby's neck because the midwife was trying to maneuver his large head out of me. So they thought his neck was broke or something and didn't tell me till the next day that's what they thought, so I laughed and told them it was just my tailbone. Thankfully there was no lasting pain from it though.

Group owner of:

Birth Counseling   http://www.cafemom.com/group/26363

Birth Stories         http://www.cafemom.com/group/2868

Wives of Musicians     http://www.cafemom.com/group/5320

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2007 at 8:46 PM
Quoting Naomidoula:

I remember hearing a pop while giving birth, I knew it was my tailbone at the time, but both my husband and friend thought it was the baby's neck because the midwife was trying to maneuver his large head out of me. So they thought his neck was broke or something and didn't tell me till the next day that's what they thought, so I laughed and told them it was just my tailbone. Thankfully there was no lasting pain from it though.

Group owner of:

Birth Counseling   http://www.cafemom.com/group/26363

Birth Stories         http://www.cafemom.com/group/2868

Wives of Musicians     http://www.cafemom.com/group/5320

Naomidoula~ do you know of this to be common? I hadn't heard of it before and am curious if many mamas experience this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)