Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

intro - hi all!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 2:38 PM
  • 3 Replies
hey, i am Annie and i am a doula, midwifery assistant and birth advocate.  i just recently have started working on starting my own non-profit called Better Birth Coalition.  as a group our first project is bringing Ricki Lake's movie The Business of Being Born into our area.  crazy project and hopefully it is going to happen! 
i also have three kiddos, first was a hospital birth and the others were born at home.  i know lots about birth and try to learn something new everyday and love to share what i know.  especially in the pregnancy groups where there isn't a lot of good info being offered...  who doesn't just love the drama on cafemom?  (sic)  anyways, looking forward to "meeting" and "talking" with you all... 
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
anniekelleher
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 2:54 PM
hi annie - im an annie too!!!  i have six kids - two step, four i birthed myself, all at out-of-hospital birthing centers.  i was just privileged to witness the natural birth of my first grandson in a hospital, which wasn't quite as warm and fuzzy as my births were, but pretty near close.  :)
1littleangel07
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 11:09 PM
How do you go about becoming  midwifery assistant? Are you on your way to becoming a midwife?
doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2007 at 3:36 AM
Annie IS fabulous!! Glad you're here! :) That is a very good film, best wishes with bringing it there. (*Maybe you could screen a la Film Festival like it was shown here. There were a lot of great films shown with it like Pregnant In America and What Babies Want.) There IS drama on CafeMom and I'm really having my eyes opened because of it, for certain! Thanks for joining us here, Annie!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)