Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Headache from juicing?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 2:08 PM
  • 16 Replies

Is that even possible? I've been drinking alot of veggies lately and have started getting headaches. They are similar to the headaches I had earlier in this pregnancy, but they had went away. I had one all day yesterday, and today after I drank my veggies a headache started again. Anyone experience this?

by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfurlongg
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM
Never experiences that... Perhaps you have a sensitivity to a veggie in your drink?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dhiannian
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 2:13 PM

IDK It was spinach, zucchini, broccoli. I eat all of those with no problem.

NDFanatik
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Are you doing a fast or replacing a significant portion of your meals with it?  I've heard that if you do that and aren't used to juicing that you can get headaches from a type of "detox" that it does on your body.

dhiannian
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 2:23 PM

LOL nope. I'm not dieting, just trying to add nutrition and I cut out the proccesed stuff (I was eating waaay to much junk).

Plus I hadn't been getting enough servings of veggies (if any) a day so I figured I'd do better if I blended them and drank them, which I have. But if these headaches keep up I don't know what i'll do.

Quoting NDFanatik:

Are you doing a fast or replacing a significant portion of your meals with it?  I've heard that if you do that and aren't used to juicing that you can get headaches from a type of "detox" that it does on your body.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2011 at 2:27 PM

maybe eat some protein along with the juicing, so before or while your are drinking the juice grab something with protein as well.

dhiannian
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I have it with my meal, so I had scrambled eggs with it this morning. I'm gonna try diluting it and see if that helps. I don't want to stop drinking it:(

Quoting Precious333:

maybe eat some protein along with the juicing, so before or while your are drinking the juice grab something with protein as well.

dhiannian
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 2:32 PM

I don't think so, cause I ate first, then drank it. It could be a detox effect I guess. Hopefully diluting it helps.

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

That's not a bad idea. I hope you figure out the cause. Could it be blood sugar?

rfurlongg
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 2:37 PM
But have you ever had it in the amounts you are having now? Maybe play around with the amounts and or frequency and see if it helps?

Quoting dhiannian:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dhiannian
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 3:08 PM

No I have not. I really don't know if the headaches are even tied to the juice, but I figured they might be since it had gone away. I'll try switching it up.

Quoting rfurlongg:

But have you ever had it in the amounts you are having now? Maybe play around with the amounts and or frequency and see if it helps?

Quoting dhiannian:

Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 27, 2011 at 12:10 PM

If you detox from it, you can get headaches, so maybe your body is detoxing a bit.  But, once the toxins are out of your system, they will stop.

That said, you don't want a detox during pg or nursing as it is not good for the baby.  I'd maybe cut down a little bit, so you still get the nutrients but your body isn't trying to detox.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN