Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Sweet Pea Ring Sling Review

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 12:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hey all! 

I'm wondering what your likes or gripes are about ring slings?  I used a front pack occasionally with my daughter and tried to figure out the Moby wrap but my daughter didnt like either.  I just purchased a Sweet Pea Ring Sling online and am hoping if I start using it earlier with our next baby that it will be a great way to keep the baby close while still being able to have my hands free for my toddler.  Any tips on using ring slings would also be so great!  Cant wait to hear what you all have to say. :)

Cara

by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
One-n-Counting
by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 12:25 PM

(I use an ergo.) Bump for others!

Lorelai
by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My sling was a lifesaver when I was watching a colicy baby. I put his back against my chest and squished his legs against his belly in the sling and he'd stop crying :) it was amazing.

When I've watched teeny tiny babies (under 3 months) I was still able to take my DD outside if it was a little too chilly for an infant by wearing him in a sling and me wearing a larger jacket overtop. without zipping or buttoning it all the way of course :)  

ccgardner27
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Thank you for your responses!  I feel confident in the choice to use a sling, hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to use it without too much confusion. haha.

Lorelai
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Quoting ccgardner27:

Thank you for your responses!  I feel confident in the choice to use a sling, hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to use it without too much confusion. haha.

It takes practice :) If you start when they're smallish it will be easier to adapt positions as they get bigger. You should be able to find helpful utube videos too

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 31, 2011 at 3:41 PM

I haven't used my sling ring too much yet, I'm a moby kinda girl.

springflower4
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:21 PM
I love my Ring sling. It's so helpful for breastfeeding & letting baby sleep on you when they're little :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:30 PM

I LOVE my maya ring sling! I used it from newborn until they were about 2 yrs old! Itys convienent and easy to use. I can nurse in it without showing everything. My kids all loved it! The only thing is as they get heavier it can be hard on the shoulder for long period of time, but it will hol up to 30 lbs! Its also great in the summer because you don't have fabric all around you making you hot.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 1, 2011 at 3:17 PM

I have a mesh ring sling and can't figure it out. I'm hoping now that Christian can sit it might be easier.

ccgardner27
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Thank you all for your useful tips and experiences with the ring sling (and moby).  I'm sure it will take a little practice but Ive heard great benefits to using a sling so I'm really excited!

VintageWife
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 5:58 PM

I'm not a sling kinda girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)