Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

For anyone needing a bit of inspiration

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 4:42 PM
  • 8 Replies

This mom of twins had a fun and interesting way to put herself into labor naturally...

http://blogs.babble.com/being-pregnant/2011/11/03/a-40-week-pregnant-woman-dances-herself-into-labor-video/

by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
peaches_04
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Can anyone make it clickable:)?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2011 at 7:44 PM

A 40 Week + Pregnant Woman Dances Herself Into Labor [Video]

Posted by ceridwen on November 3rd, 2011 at 7:45 am
Screen shot 2011 11 02 at 10.19.33 PM 300x266 A 40 Week + Pregnant Woman Dances Herself Into Labor [Video]

Let's get it started, yo.

Check this woman out: She’s 40 weeks and 3 days pregnant WITH TWINS and has taken it upon herself to induce labor by dancing. The song? Well, you just have to see it.

Her partner joins in and all I can say this is a much more pleasant way to induce labor than castor oil. Or pitocin.

Watch it. Be inspired. Go into labor.

The dancing mom writes on youtube: “Trying to induce our twins at 40+ weeks after trying everything else. I went into labor two days later and had a natural, un-medicated hospital birth (with the support of my awesome husband and our amazing midwives).” Let’s get it started!

MyIslandGirls
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Hilarious.

Perfect.

VintageWife
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Freakin' hilarious! She is very fit so obviously she works out on a regular basis (plus she has the ball) so dancing wasn't harmful I'm sure. Looks like something I'd want to do. Good for her for making it so long with twins. You never hear of that :)

peaches_04
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 9:52 PM

that woman rocks!!!!

MyIslandGirls
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not as un common as you'd think.. but with our society being so medically dominated and everyonme thinking that twins are high risk (they aren't...it's just a different type of normal..like breech birth) that the MAINSTREAM never hears of twins going much past 35-36 weeks

jillj501
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Whoa! That was impressive! I wasn't sure if I really believed she was pregnant until she showed her belly. That woman can move! :)

springflower4
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 9:50 AM
Very cool!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN