Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi, new here and cafemom

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hello my name is Abby.  I have two kids, a 4 year old girl Maggie and a 5 month old boy Franklin.  I went all natural with both of my children.  With Abby I had planned on getting an epidural but she came so fast I didn't get the chance to.  So although my son's birth was a slower process (he was a much bigger baby, I assume that's why haha) I knew that if I could do it before I could do it again.  So I received not a single medication for his birth and while it was happening I was cursing myself but now I am so happy that I did it!

We go natural with other things too, but I admit not everything.  One of my friends cloth diapers and I saw mention of that in this group, I kind of want to try it but it really is all so confusing to me. 

Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
novelmomma2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh and I am breatfeeding Franklin, I have to pump while I am in school but he has never had a drop of formula!

VintageWife
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Welcome to the group! I'm glad you found us. It is always nice to have people you have something in common with :)

One-n-Counting
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Welcome! Cloth diapering really is easy. It's finding what style works for your budget.

JoJoBean8
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Welcome!

PEEK05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Hi Abby. :) Welcome to the group. :)

krayzbabylove
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Get out while you still can!

Mrs.Salz
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Welcome to the group!

www.allaboutclothdiapers.com is a good place to get started... it's very overwhelming at first but it's pretty well broken down there :)

peaches_04
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Welcome to the group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Welcome!! Cloth diapers are confusing to get started with in my opinion but once i got started then it was SO easy.

Juniper53098
by June - admin on Nov. 15, 2011 at 10:45 AM

The hard part of cloth diapering is figuring out what works for your baby and your family.  Some styles or brands work great for one baby, but not for another.  Plus, you need to consider ease of use for everyone who will be changing him.  If it's just you, no problem, but if a daycare will be doing changes, you will want something close to disposables.  There are lots of CD mamas in here, so ask away, if you have any questions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)