Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bradley Method

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

Had anyone used this method of childbirth before?  I am very interested in it. . i have seen it work but we don't have an instructor around here any longer so i was looking for moms to talk to that had used this method before. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
One-n-Counting
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I haven't used it myself. Bump!

JoJoBean8
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Bump

_muffin_
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I read the book and took the class. I really got a lot out of the classes. They covered so much and kept hubby involved. I ended up not using most of the pain managament techniques (breathing, masage, imagery) during the actual labor, but the nutraition and excercise info was priceless. Hubby actually paid attention and learned a great deal about the birthing process, which really surprised me because he didn't seem all that interested in the begining.

I would recomend Bradley to any new mom looking for a natural birth. It has gotten my through 2 amazing births and 1 more to come.

_muffin_
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Since you don't have an instructor near by, could you just get the workbook?

jess227ny
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:40 PM
I heard that it is worth it. I also rec hypnobirthing. Congrats :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greykyttyn
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:29 PM

i have an old workbook from the 90's that a friend used with her 4 kids.  I know it works very well I have seen her do it before.   I can't find one around here that's new..  Its not big in this area & the book stores didn't have them.   This is my first but my husband has been thru this with all 4 of my step kids so he's not too new to the whole birthing process.  Which is very nice!   The workbook is very informative I just would like to take a class.  Unfortunatly its not offered here due to the instructor moving shortly after the tornado came thru.  Thank you everyone for your replies.   

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Quoting One-n-Counting:

peaches_04
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting One-n-Counting:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)