Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neat Naturals

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM
  • 26 Replies

Did your midwife use any holistic or natural alternatives during your pregnancy, L&D? 

Mommy to a wonderful 2 year old boy and a baby boy! Married to my best friend for 5+ years!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
One-n-Counting
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Probably nothing new but it was new to me... My midwife made Comfrey packs and solution to rinse with after the birth. It really made a difference. 

rfurlongg
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM
What do mean? My mw used olive oil on my babies heads as they were coming out. Is that the kind if stuff you mean?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
One-n-Counting
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Something else I thought was really cool. The midwives applied olive oil to the baby's bum. This prevents the meconium from sticking to the skin and making wiping easier. I recommend it!

One-n-Counting
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Yes! 

Quoting rfurlongg:

What do mean? My mw used olive oil on my babies heads as they were coming out. Is that the kind if stuff you mean?

JoJoBean8
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Bump

rfurlongg
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM
My mw also dampened several momma cloths and rubbed them down with arnica then put them in the fridge for after the baby was born. It was very soothing and helped with swelling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jess227ny
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:23 PM
Homeopathic cord care powder...DS2 cord fell off in 2 days. Awesome stuff. Also calendula essence to add to peri bottle postpartum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShortThumbs
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM

She brewed some kind of awesome herbal tea for soaking and squirting on my ladyparts. It was great! :D

krayzbabylove
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:32 PM

I was well oiled because i didnt want to tear, and i wasnt getting cut!!!

One-n-Counting
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Mine did that too with the Comfrey. It felt great! 

Quoting ShortThumbs:

She brewed some kind of awesome herbal tea for soaking and squirting on my ladyparts. It was great! :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)