Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear heavens!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

S
How do I get her to stay asleep so she can sleep in her bed. Half the time she wakes up and I have to put her back in bed with me so I can get some sort of rest. Ugh... The past two nights have not been the best.

R *her mom* Is she in the pack n play bed? Does she cry? Maybe let her cry a bit. ??

• Tiffany I love cosleeping :)
    Lbundle her up real nice and snug and tight in a blanket or just have her sleep in a bouncy seat. My girls both slept in their bouncy because it keeps them all snug in a ball. I didn't attempt the bed until they were older.
  •  
  • K Let her cry she'll get the hint!
    about a minute ago ยท
  • Tiffany ^^^OMGosh...don't listen to that. Why would a 1 mo old need to get the hint? It trains them that whenever they cry, mom will not respond and that, my friends, is what causes detachment issues and anxiety disorders. Good heavens! 1 mo old and people are suggesting CIO. *Shudders*

• Tiffany  BTW...after 10 min of crying, blood flow to the brain is decreased :(

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
VintageWife
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM

K said he was joking so I had to tell him that most people will take you seriously when you suggest that stuff and they want to do what you're "supposed" to do so they make their baby CIO.

JoJoBean8
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM

There is nothing funny about letting a 1 month old CIO. Either K has a warped sense of humor or is trying to cover themselves by saying it was a joke.

Quoting VintageWife:

K said he was joking so I had to tell him that most people will take you seriously when you suggest that stuff and they want to do what you're "supposed" to do so they make their baby CIO.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

_muffin_
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Wow. 1 month. I hope she listens to the good advice. 

Here's the thing, babies cry at night becasue they need something- food, comfort, etc. If you want 8 hours of unintereupted sleep don't have kids.

JazzysWifey
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM
*cringe*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:06 PM
;(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:23 PM

That is really crazy...one MONTH and CIO?? UMMM no way!

Endeed
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:45 PM
Two of my three girls were horrible sleepers... Honestly I think it was due to my absolute worry about them needing something if I were to rest. So I very seldom got any sleep and neither did they. Swaddling works for many babies and probably would have for mine too except it just looks so un comfortable. And I was unsure if I was doing it right any way. Be strong!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)