Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to the group

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:54 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hi everyone I am Rachelle, im 22 weeks pregnant with my first.

I have been planning a natural hospital birth i didnt want any drugs, or anything and now i just learned i might have to be worried about pre E and it might end in a c sections (whichi s the LAST thing i want)
So my question is, have any of you ladies had a natural birth with pre E and also, i just started researching them but i want to hear from real people (not google) how are steriods injections bad idea good idea... Im just confused and concerned i really wanted to do natural and now thinking i might have to do a planned c section something i DID not not want to do but if my little Aiden isnt growing properly or getting enough stuff from me then i want him to be healthy so i would go through it for him. Sorry for the vent im still shocked by this news!

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lundaylove
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:28 PM

why are you concerned about PreE now?  One thing i would recommend is the Brewer Diet, it will help keep your blood pressure where it needs to be and lessens the PreE risk,etc.

larissalarie
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:22 PM
I donno, the people I know who's pre e got too severe were induced, I've never heard of having to have a planned section because of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I agree Brewers diet all the way, it should help with handling PreE.  Has your BP been high?

Rachelle91
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:23 PM
Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I agree Brewers diet all the way, it should help with handling PreE.  Has your BP been high?

Just recently yes, after 20 wks it jumped up before that it was perfectly normal.
And i have researched the brewers diet. I will ask DH to get me some of the food on that list.
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:28 PM
Welcome to the group. I don't have any experience with it but I'm sure you'll get some great advice from others. I agree with the Brewers diet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachelle91
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:35 PM
Thanks im really curious about the steroids injections cause on google i really cant find stuff against them i just want to do whats best for my baby.
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Welcome! And yes.. Brewer's Diet.  :o) 

sreichelt26
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 2:39 AM
Just wanted to share my story with you :)

I had a healthy pregnancy and never had any problems until 2 days before - blood pressure was a little high and had +3 trace protein in urine (signs of pre E). They kept me for monitoring and BP went down, so they sent me home.

When I got to L&D on d day they did the initial monitoring to decide if they were admitting me - same thing, high BP and same trace amount. I had planned a drug free, no IV, no fetal monitoring, natural labor. But because of these issues, they wanted to monitor baby so I agreed.

Still refused the epidural, but they gave me an IV (I remember they had a valid reason but I don't remember what it was). Baby did great the whole labor, but they were concerned about me because my BP was kept going back and forth between just ok to really not good.

Finally got to pushing and during dd turned her head just so and it was causing distress. The attending wanted to get her out, but the midwife knew how important a natural labor was to me and I'd already had to compromise my birth plan. We spent 20 min trying to turn dd but she was just going into further distress so they rushed me to the OR. Because I didn't have the epidural they had to put me under and didn't wake up until 2 hours later.

I share this to say that since you know early, you can try to do things correctly, but just be prepared that things might have to be different. There are definitely times that I grieve the loss of my natural birth in a way, especially not being able to see her come out and missing the first few hours of her life. But in the end, we were both healthy and that's all I cared about.

I hope I didn't worry or scare you - that was not my intent. Just to share my experience and help ease your mind that even if the worst happens and you can't have the birth you want, it can still turn out ok :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Why do you think you will have problems?
What are you doing for prevention?

Remember that who you hire for your maternity care can be your biggest risk factor- so make sure you've got a goodie!
What you have said is concerning...

Wisahing you the best!

peaches_04
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:53 PM
Good luck and welcome to the group:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)