Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Things I Would Say to the Hospital Staff If I Saw Them Today…

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:49 AM
  • 25 Replies
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:59 AM
Oooh interesting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marsena
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I'm talking "normal" between contractions! That's because childbirth is normal!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MzBurney218
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Love it! Lol

BabyName Ticker

doulala
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:08 PM

:-)

jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:07 PM
With my first- oh boy I'd go OFF on them. I had a complete abruption and had to be put under. I would go off about being pumped full of drugs for no reason, not being allowed to see my daughter for almost a day, and giving her formula and pacifiers. Helped screw up breastfeeding for us...grrrr. I'd have some choice words I'm sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd thank the nurse I had through most of my labor. She was awesome. But my midwife protected me from all of the stupid staff that would have been bothering me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:17 PM
This but the nurse thought i wasn't having very intense contractions and was shocked ... Yeah because I knew how to relax my body to work through it! Self education!

Quoting Marsena:

Yes, I'm talking "normal" between contractions! That's because childbirth is normal!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:22 PM
I'd go off on the doctor who was mad that I declined an epi, called me, "One of THOSE," and wanted to hurry my afterbirth along so started tugging on the cord after I told him specifically not to. I had to yell "NO! STOP!" like you're taught to in self-defense classes when you're being physically ATTACKED. I also had to slap his hands away then later lay there in fear trying to trust that he wouldn't purposely stitch me up too tight out of spite. He did do a stitch wrong and had to do it over again. Fortunately, ds came so fast he missed the birth so he wasn't there to screw THAT up. High five, baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I would tell the nurse that she could NOT steal my baby for 4 hours, that my baby needed nursing and skin to skin with momma to warm him up!

doulala
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)