Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Magic Original or Johnson's Heaed to toe fragrance free?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:03 PM
  • 20 Replies

Okay...I am slightly confised. I like the smell of both products (including but not limited to body wash, lotion. etc.) Johnson's states that it is "fragrance free" on the bottle, however, it does have a scent.

Baby Magic Original  does not say it has added fragrance or that it is scented; it still has the new baby smell.

How can something be scented with no fragrance? I have read that the fragrance free varieties are genteler on skin....What is your preference/experience? Does one dry out skin more than the other?

Thanks!

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:06 PM
Babys shouldnt be lotioned their skin makes natural lubricants
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CuSukha
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:09 PM
2 moms liked this

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/01/johnson-johnson-baby-sham_n_1069123.html

Either way they both aren't good for babies. Even an unscented or "natural" johnsons or baby magic still contain tons of chemicals. You want to look into organic baby wash, more expensive but well worth not knowingly exposing baby to chemicals found to cause cancer.

jessica1219
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for saying that. I could not figure out a way to say that without sounding like an ass.

Quoting CuSukha:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/01/johnson-johnson-baby-sham_n_1069123.html

Either way they both aren't good for babies. Even an unscented or "natural" johnsons or baby magic still contain tons of chemicals. You want to look into organic baby wash, more expensive but well worth not knowingly exposing baby to chemicals found to cause cancer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Me three

Quoting jessica1219:

Thank you for saying that. I could not figure out a way to say that without sounding like an ass.

Quoting CuSukha:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:44 PM
Babies don't need soap or lotions at all. They are prefect, and just need water. Which is free.
If you feel you need to mosturize baby for some reason, your best bet is gonna be jojoba oil, or a seed oil (stay clear of nut oils if there are allergies in the fam).
I run far, far away from anything with parabens or sls or fragrance or colors or... anything you can't eat, really. Unfortunately, this includes a lot of "natural" brands as well.

Check out the ewg.com list. Somewhere on there they have a list of cosmetic products and such.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I would use california baby or other organic chemical free products if you want to use them...theres CRAZY chemicals in both of those which is what you are smelling.

Lynette
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:03 PM
4 moms liked this

here is a great site to check safety ratings of brands and brand recommends http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

baby magic, Johnson & Johnson's both do not rank well on the safety ratings

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:11 PM
Thank you, Lynette!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:40 PM
If you want to use a baby wash that is safe and smells good... Whole Foods has a Peter Rabbit baby wash that smells yummy and is organic. It still smells like a baby.

Like everyone else said both of those brand of baby soaps have nasty chemicals that are absorbed into babys body. Yucky stuff!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I would not use either of those on my baby.. we like Dr Bronner's Baby Mild! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)