Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mid wife!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM
  • 20 Replies

hi you guys. I'm pretty new here well not really i've been here for a while but i just found out i was pregnant and I had nothing but problems with an epidural that i was forced to have last pregnancy. and i don't want that to happen again so this time i'm going with a midwife. my sister in law had nothing but good things to say about it so i'm really excited to get started. dh is still a little skeptical any ideas on giving him a little push??? also i don't know much about midwifes just that I get more say in the labor room which is what i want. anything else I should know?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this
What is he skeptical about?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alibrezzy154
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM

he's just so use to having a doctor around that he doesn't know what to think about a midwife. he's researched it some but I still don't think he understands what a midwife really is. I want to explain it to him but i'm having a hard time myself.

peaches_04
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Ill try and post some good links tomorrow when im not mobile
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:20 AM
4 moms liked this

Have him watch the documentary "The Business of Being Born". 

Crunchy Moms ~ Lactivist ~ Natural Family Planning
                              ♥♥♥♥ Join me in some of these great groups ♥♥♥

peaches_04
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:31 AM
I was thinking that too but was wondering if a hb documentary would be too much if hes afraid of a hospital midwife

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
h_minkus
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Nah, it won't be too much. It's a great movie. My husband wasn't supportive of drug-free birth, midwives, homebirth, etc but when he watched it he came all the way over to my side. lol It's very well done.

Quoting peaches_04:

I was thinking that too but was wondering if a hb documentary would be too much if hes afraid of a hospital midwife

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Hannah

Work from home LDS mom of 2 crazy little boys   

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

alibrezzy154
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM

watching it right now. OMG SUCH AN AWESOME MOVIE!!!

Quoting h_minkus:

Nah, it won't be too much. It's a great movie. My husband wasn't supportive of drug-free birth, midwives, homebirth, etc but when he watched it he came all the way over to my side. lol It's very well done.

Quoting peaches_04:

Quoting catholicmamamia:

alibrezzy154
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:34 PM

so so great! watching it right now. THANK YOU!

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Lynette
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Business Of Being Born is a great film!

another tip for natural pain med free birth would be to look into "hypnobabies"  google it.  I did it with my 3rd child instead of an EPI and it was amazing.  I am now pregnant w/ #4 and will be doing it again

peanut06
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Also, Hypnobirthing:  The Mongan Method is helpful.  There are positives to both approaches.  The nurses in L&D were so amazed that someone could be calm during childbirth LOL  I personally enjoyed it so much that I look forward to getting pregnant again because of the actual birthing now!

Quoting Lynette:

Business Of Being Born is a great film!

another tip for natural pain med free birth would be to look into "hypnobabies"  google it.  I did it with my 3rd child instead of an EPI and it was amazing.  I am now pregnant w/ #4 and will be doing it again

Learn your options in the Natural Birth & Parenting group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)