Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your dream birth

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:48 AM
  • 11 Replies
What would it be like?
Where would it be?
What would the atmosphere be like?
Who would be there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadedFaerie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:34 AM

My dream birth would be one at home. Some pop music going, my aircon on, DF with me, just chilling in my zone.

redhead-bedhead
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:42 AM
A waterbirth at home with just my mw,DH,and our girls.
I would love for my hubby to assist my oldest in catching the baby.
Of course this is a long time from now because we are still TTC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebevoll_mami
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:42 AM

it'd be just my boyfriend, the midwife and me. at my home. it'd be calm and quiet....with family guy or american dad or futurama on the tv!!!!! lol. i'd like it to be drug free....progressing on my own as fast as my body decides to go. i dont want anyone touching my baby. 

Czarena
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I just had it! My youngest (of 4) is not quite 3 weeks old. My big open room was lined with tapestries and fairy lights (xmas lights), I had a bed and a pool. My birth altar was set up with my mirrored candles, beneficial stones, bohemian essential oil burning. My belly, hands and feet had been hennaed by my family and I had my birth bead necklace, My room had been cleansed and protected. My toddlers were asleep and my eldest (who has witnessed both of my other births) was still awake.

This part you didn't ask for, but I'm adding anyway - I had dialated to 8 with mild 15 minute apart contractions. When it dropped to 3 minutes within 30 minutes, I called the midwife. I stayed present and relaxed between and during contractions. My partners rubbed what I needed rubbed, and held my hands in between.  My son sang to me between waves, and touched my hands to impart relaxing energy (his words). No one really spoke except to respond to me. Less than 4 hours after I started active labor, my daughter slid into the water.

mehargval
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM
We would be at home. Just me my husband and the kids. It would be relaxed and quiet. Hopefully with a tub. No one would be worried or scared. Baby would come and we would all be overjoyed :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:22 PM

My dream birth would be a loving, peaceful waterbirth at home attended by husband, children, midwife, and doula. It would be quiet, dim lighting.. serene and beautiful.

Crunchy Moms ~ Lactivist ~ Natural Family Planning
                              ♥♥♥♥ Join me in some of these great groups ♥♥♥

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My idea of a perfect birth ends with a healthy baby. For me it doesn't matter where I give birth, what position, etc, if I get my baby in the end. I wouldn't consider an emergency c-section to make me a failure or anything.

My last baby was a medication-free water birth and it was perfect, but the real thing that made it perfect was holding my daughter in the end.

lundaylove
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM

i had mine =) 

it was a UC, waterbirth, with my husband and friend- my doula. My mom and dad were here and my mom and daughter Alayna were present for the majority of the labor/delivery. 

it was calm, relaxing, we had music playing, lights off, and it was great !

VintageWife
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:36 PM

A waterbirth in a birthing center.

borgen0128
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I had a dreambirth with my second. It was a UC. I had a wonderful doula who rubbed my back in all the right places. We also had a rocking couch that I used to rock through my contractions. It was quite, my husband was really great, and after I gave birth my other daughter came home, and we relaxed in peace with my new chubby babe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)