Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

veteran crunchy mamas....help!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM
  • 4 Replies
my kid had a bad bought of reflux last night...gave her a kids TUMS waited an hour, it was still bad, so i mixed about 1/4 tsp baking soda with some water in a dixie cup, then gave her about 2tsp worth. I didn't give her a chaser.....
now she's croupy....
1) did the acid from the reflux cause this?
2) did the baking soda concoction sitting in her throat all night cause it?
3) what do you recommend as a solution? .....there was a freshly cleaned hot air humidifyer running in her room because our furnace makes the air dry....so we run it every night.
4) she says her throat hurts.....dry and gritty.

thanks girls!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
chipper87
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lundaylove
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:01 PM

its a possibility that it could have dried her throat and chest out too much in combination with the dry air. i would also get a cool mist humidifier. they seem to work better for us than the hot air ones. specially with my daughters asthma.

chipper87
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:07 PM
we had two cool air ones and neither worked as well as the warm one...
but it wasn't dry in her room..the humidifyer was on...and working great because I spent an hour and a gallon of vinegar cleaning it last night before bed....didn't know i needed to clean it before lol.

Quoting lundaylove:

its a possibility that it could have dried her throat and chest out too much in combination with the dry air. i would also get a cool mist humidifier. they seem to work better for us than the hot air ones. specially with my daughters asthma.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marsena
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM
For reflux, try Chiropractic. Can also use gripe water. Staying upright for awhile after feedings. Does the rest of your house have dry air or do you have another humidifier? I fill mine in the living room twice a day, it runs 24/7 and my humidistat still says it's only about 40% humidity. We do have a corn stove, but when we aren't using it, the humidity is still only about 60% with the humidifier on 24/7! I need to find another one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)