Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok mommas. i need ur cough help.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

my 16 almost 17 month old has a cold. but unlike his usual runny nose when he gets a cold, its gotten chesty. he is too big to just make him sit in the bathroom with the steam going. i have tried nasal saline mist, humidifier in the bathroom, and a honey elixir. i also gave him some benadryl b/c he gets bad allergies like me, but i dont like to drug him for days on end and its not really working anyway. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
thundersky
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM

mustard powder bath helps more than steam or make a poltrice. also ginger limon honey water.

or you can tke 4bs corrander brown in a pan. then add to 4 cups of water with ginger boil down to 2 cups. strain and serve. add honey to sweeten.

EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM

thanks. would mustard powder be like ground dry mustard? how much? i d ont wanna burn him or anything. 

Quoting thundersky:

mustard powder bath helps more than steam or make a poltrice. also ginger limon honey water.

or you can tke 4bs corrander brown in a pan. then add to 4 cups of water with ginger boil down to 2 cups. strain and serve. add honey to sweeten.

CafeMom Tickers
thundersky
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

thanks. would mustard powder be like ground dry mustard? how much? i d ont wanna burn him or anything. 

Quoting thundersky:

yea it is the dry ground mustard. i put in 3-4tbs for a tub of warm water.

EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:59 PM

ok thanks. gonna have to go to the store tomorrow but that sounds doable. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)