Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Is it real?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2007 at 7:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
Some of you know that my first 2 babies were born by c-sections that could have been prevented and my 3rd was a vbac. 

Is it crazy that before my vbac baby was born I didn't want anymore kids  But after she was born I really want more, maybe even 2 more.  Her birth was so easy and beautiful, and I want that experience again.  And I love babies and children.  In some ways I feel like her birth was too good to be true, that even though it happened it feels like it couldn't have, kwim?  I want to experience birth again so I can validate that I can do it and that the one time wasn't just a fluke.  Is this all crazy?
by on Nov. 24, 2007 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
doulala
by on Nov. 24, 2007 at 10:03 PM
No! Not crazy, not a fluke! Yes, it is normal to be awestruck by the amazing miracle your body-- YOU-- performed!! Your body MADE a baby and then gave birth to it! It is crazy! It's like science fiction! MANY women "fall in love" with great birthing experiences and want to do it again/recreate/redo/fix birthing. That's exactly why I became a doula, I am a birth-junkie. I figure I'll have to experience birth vicariously! ;) IF you have the ability to afford (on many levels, not just financially) more children then it seems natural. You weigh the pros and cons of another person in your household and see where it takes you... Or maybe just being around birth will hold you over for a while, like me! ;)
MyspaceKitKat
by on Nov. 24, 2007 at 11:11 PM
Nope.  Same happened with me.  I could have babies for the rest of my life...I just don't know if I could be pregnant for it.  LOL

Owner of: Moving and Pregnant ~ Moms on bedrest ~ *Raising Intact Boys*

Admin of: Alternative Parenting ~ Moms Against Circumcision

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

doulala
by on Nov. 25, 2007 at 12:26 AM
This reminds me that I had investigated surrogacy. I could be pregnant and give birth ~and help a couple become parents! So maybe this is an extreme suggestion, but just an afterthought to my previous reply. :)
mbmomof3
by on Nov. 25, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Quoting doulala:

This reminds me that I had investigated surrogacy. I could be pregnant and give birth ~and help a couple become parents! So maybe this is an extreme suggestion, but just an afterthought to my previous reply. :)

This actually has crossed my mind on several occassions... i love the idea of it in many ways.  I actually love being pregnant and aside from morning sickness I have near perfect pregnancies.  I think I'll have one more baby of our own and then really start looking into this.  

ida123
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:24 PM

It depends on you. If you feel you can do it again then go. There is no problem to have more babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN