Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Welcome to Natural Birth & Parenting!! Introduce yourself...

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:53 AM
  • 309 Replies
4 moms liked this

wave Welcome to the Natural Birth & Parenting group!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you to connect with other moms!!

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would you like your 1st name added to your posts? 

Add a Natural Birth & Parenting group signature to your post:
Natural Birth & Parenting Group Signatures  

Share your Birth Story here:
Welcome.....let's hear your birth story

Find great resources and Info here:
Resources & Info (posts in this group)

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to find support in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

coffeeMake yourself at home and enjoy!

Jenn and the Natural Birth & Parenting group mods

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FebPenguins
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 1:17 PM
11 moms liked this

Hello, I am stay at home mom of a 5 year old daughter who I had at a free standing birth center. A mom of a 2 year old son who I had at home. And am expecting our 3rd child about August 21, 2012. I use herbs not drugs to help me birth comfortably. I choose not to vaccinate our children after much research. I breastfeed in public with no covering. I also co-sleep and put my children to sleep on their stomaches. This is me. I am in no way trying to argue that this parenting style will work for others, it works for me.

jaxoncasemom
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello all!

I hopefully soon will be a stay at home mom to my son Jaxon who was born 5-24-11. I co-sleep, cloth-diaper and breastfed my son (I had to stop because he had acid reflux and the dr told me formula was better for that). But when I did breastfeed I did it anywhere and everywhere. I don't believe women should hide it. I hope to meet others!

etsmom
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi! I am a sahm mom of a 5 yo boy who I have been at home with for 4 years, and a 3 yo daughter.  I had both my kids in a hospital, my son was induced because of being late and in fetal distress, and my daughter was emergency c-section because I had placenta previa from falling down some stairs 2 weeks before she was due.  I exclusively bf my son for 13 months until I was pregnant with dd. DD was exclusively bf until she was 10 months at which she refused to nurse anymore.  I co-slept with both of them until they were about 18 months, then it has been off and on since.  I have held off vaxing my kids, but I think I might get them started before they start kindergarden.  I have done research on vaccinations and I don't like what is in them and the side effects possible.  Anyway,  I would love to homeschool my  kids, but i am afraid that I am  not organized enough to do it and I have been thinking that I might want to go back to working after the kids are both in school.  I have until august to decide so....

ab51304
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi there,

SAHM mom to three awesome kids.  Eldest is my creative son, he's five, #2 is my beautiful tenacious daughter, she's two and my little moose is 10 months, he's the quiet culprit.

We are a homeschooling, waterbirthing, no-vaxing, no OTC med poppin', family of seven (dad and brother also live with me!). 

We are former Air Force, I am in the medical field, a doula and aspiring midwife. I'm an extended breastfeeder and don't mind doing it in public!  We bedshare and never used formula, preprocessed baby foods, don't eat fast food, and try to eat organically. 

Hyman
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Hi! I'm a sah mom to my 5 1/2 month old son. He has been ebf on demand up until recently when I introduced some food to him via baby led weaning. We practice EC and cloth diaper/wipe, we have not circumcised him, we bedshare, he is nonvax - i chose to not do any vax until I was scared into doing prevnar 13- after which my usually NEVER EVER CRIES son cried shrieks of horror for 2 days straight. (at 2 mo old).

I have to say I'm acted of the possibility of him contracting a vax-preventable disease and i wouldn't really know what to do off hand. So I'd like to speak to any mom who knows more!!

I actually do not know any moms or even like minded people so I'm happy I found it here :)

My husband and I are loving every minute of being new parents!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mol13
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Hi, I'm Molly. I've got 3 boys--David, 4.5, Jesse, 2.5, and Andrew, 6 months. I'm an unapologetic breastfeeder and I have an addiction to cloth diapers :). I have an open-bed policy. I like home cookin'. I try to be as gentle as I can with my children. Natural and logical consequences, and no score-keeping. They're sweet little boys and I don't want to ruin that by punishing them for every developmentally appropriate "infraction" and yet, I set boundaries and have expectations.

Nice to "meet" you!

1stpreggers
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM
4 moms liked this

Hello there, My name is Ashlee im expecting my first child in aug2012

Im trying to decide between a home birth, waterbirth or delivering in a hospital, but honestly Im a little ignorant about both does anyone have any good ideas, tips, any input would be appreciated.

UCMama
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello!

My name is Jen.  I have 4 kids.. 1st born via c-section, 2nd pit, drugs, suction.. 3rd pit and drugs, 4th unbelieva bly awesome 44.5 hour (5 hour pushing) labor and delivery unassisted (just me and my hubby) at home in front of a roaring fire where my daughter got to cut the cord and we weighed him with a fish scale.. (9lbs. 1oz).  

UCMama
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I vaccinated until #3 (only daughter) was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.  Had 2 doctors say it was from the vaxes.  Have never vaxed my 4th and he's been the healthiest of them all!!  He's been to an MD one time in his life when he had whooping cough (not a big deal AT ALL) when he was 6 months (or so) old.  We do take him to our Chiropractor who also does muscle testing.  He's phenomenal. 

~Jen

mamatomany91
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

HI my name is Jenn I am a mom of 5 kiddos, Twins were born at home in water at 38 weeks. 2nd was adopted and 3rd was born at home in tub as well. 4th was a micro preemie which I had an emergency c section, he passed away at 1 month. And number 5 will be here may of this year. I will be having her at the hospital with my midwife and OB.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)