Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Welcome to Natural Birth & Parenting!! Introduce yourself...

Posted by   + Show Post

wave Welcome to the Natural Birth & Parenting group!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you to connect with other moms!!

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would you like your 1st name added to your posts? 

Add a Natural Birth & Parenting group signature to your post:
Natural Birth & Parenting Group Signatures  

Share your Birth Story here:
Welcome.....let's hear your birth story

Find great resources and Info here:
Resources & Info (posts in this group)

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to find support in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

coffeeMake yourself at home and enjoy!

Jenn and the Natural Birth & Parenting group mods

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Replies (121-130):
msiever
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Hi,

My name is Mary and I am the homeschooling mama to 5 children, ages 13, 11, 6, 3 and 2 weeks. My husband and I just celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary. We birthed all of our babies at home unassisted and practice attachment parenting (I breastfeed forever...yep, been nursing for over 13 years straight now). Family bed, babywearing, breastfeeding, whole nine yards. We do things as naturally as we can in eating, living, and all. Cloth diapers, whole foods, no allopathic medicine except for hospital emergencies (and so far that hasn't been needed), don't vaccinate or circumcise. We don't preach our way of living though, we just live it. I am a nutritional consultant, my husband is finishing up his first degree and working part time and then he'll go on to his masters. One of these days  I want to get back to school as well and get a BA.

erinanne86
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Hi ladies! My name is Erin and I have a DD who is now 17 months. I admit that i didnt get a chance to have a natural birth due to complications - I developed Pre-Eclampsia at 36 wks, had DD at 37 wks.  But i am a natural mommy with everything that came after the birth. I am a BF, co-sleeping, homemade organic food-making mommy :) I do not use physical discipline. I work as a children's mental health case worker PT (mostly out of home) and i support attachment-style parenting.  

twins_121212
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:04 AM

hey all! i am 20 years old, my name is nychole. i am pregnant with twins. i am due 12/12/12. i am looking to do a natural childbirth, possibly a water birth. i am looking for a midwife. i did want to birth at a midwife center near me, but my dr told me it would be better to deliver in the hospital. i am also planning on bf, making my own baby food, cd. i am just starting to learn about all the things i need ot know about!!! =) hope to learn a lot in here! =)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

childofgod04
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Hello I am 33 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my first child! I am delivering in the hospital but I am STILL debating whether I am going to get the epidural or do it naturally. I really want to try without any pain meds but I'm not sure if I can do it. Hopefully I can though!

PaulaRose
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Howdy yall...i am the mother of my beautiful 21 month old daughter Summer Rain which me and my husband has adopted. I have had two pregnacies. My first lasted till i was 22 weeks into my pregnacy then i went into premature labor and lost him. He was a precious baby boy i named Jacob Rhyan. My second pregnacy lasted till i was 19 weeks along. I also went into premature labor and miscarried her. She was a beautiful baby girl which i nambe AshLynn Nikole. As of right now the doctors dont believe i can have children. So me and my husband want a house full of kids just havent decided how to do that yet....Hope to be friends with you all....Nice to meet you.  

houstongirl319
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I am a 33 year old housewife currently expecting my first child, a baby girl, due in just a few months on August 17th. I plan on doing a natural birth and breastfeeding my daughter. I'm a little nervous since this is my first child and am hoping I'll be able to do things as planned :)

chisme_chica
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM

HELLO EVERYONE!

I'm Winlove, from Philippines but I currently live in Singapore with my husband and son. I am currenty 18 weeks pregnant and looking forward to talk to other moms.

I currently have one issue. Is it possible that ultrasounds can make mistakes in determining the baby's gender? I had an ultrasound scan during my 17th week and my doctor told me that it was definitely a boy like 100%. This is my ultrasound scan photo:

Infinite1221
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Hi my name is Sarah and I'm 21 with a little one year old girl named Kylie (Ky).  I'm checking this site out because I don't know any young moms in my area (I live in Potomac, MD) and I'd love to make some friends I can relate to and who won't judge me.  I currently live with my parents, but I'm hoping to move out by the time Ky turns 2.  Ky's dad wants nothing to do with me or his daughter and he has never met her, seen pictures, or acknowledged her existence at all.  I had a girlfriend last month of my pregnancy and the first 10 months of Ky's life, but we broke up.  However, I consider her Ky's other mom, and we are still good friends.  Clearly I like both guys and girls and I hope I won't be judged for that on here!!  

I'm pro natural birth, home birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, co-sleeping.  I'm against circumcision, Cry It Out (CIO), solids before 6 months, induction/C-section by choice, any type of physical punishment no matter how "gentle", and time outs.  If you're curious about my views, I'm very open to talk about them with you! :)

This is us!!

I'm still getting used to this site and figuring out how it all works, but hopefully I get the hang of it soon!

Sarah & Ky :)

squish
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm Alexis and I love normal birth!

doulamamaof3
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Hello Everyone!

I am stay-at-home-mom, Marine wife and doula. We have three beautiful children, all within 3 years of each other. We are currently stationed in Cali but I am originally from South Carolina. I am working on my BA in Complimentary and Alternative Health through online classes.  I am new to CafeMom but not to the natural lifestyle. I am really excited to meet other moms with my kinda of same ideals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)