Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Welcome to Natural Birth & Parenting!! Introduce yourself...

Posted by   + Show Post

wave Welcome to the Natural Birth & Parenting group!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you to connect with other moms!!

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would you like your 1st name added to your posts? 

Add a Natural Birth & Parenting group signature to your post:
Natural Birth & Parenting Group Signatures  

Share your Birth Story here:
Welcome.....let's hear your birth story

Find great resources and Info here:
Resources & Info (posts in this group)

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to find support in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

coffeeMake yourself at home and enjoy!

Jenn and the Natural Birth & Parenting group mods

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Replies (21-30):
MommyToBe031212
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello Everyone!! I'm Kaite, I am 36 weeks prego, with my first son. Trenton Lee! Im super stoked!! We are young parents, but i wouldnt want it any other way!! I'm 18, My fiance is 20. But we are more than pleased, and more than prepared for the challenges that we will face in the near and far future!!!

sophiegrace
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Hi! I'm a first time mom-to-be due May 3. I'm hoping this group will give me info and support for my upcoming natural water birth delivery. I just completed a 5 week class with my midwife and feel "prepared" but I'm sure I'll have questions soon. I look forward to reading your posts and getting advice!

kallis86
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning all! I am a 25 year old first time mom. I had my son in a birthing center ... all natural! I wouldn't say that I am SUPER granola; I like to look at things logically. I have my son vaccinated, but choose not to use too many medications. I find that our bodies were made to do a lot, and sometimes can do more with a little help. Sometimes, I parent based on what works for me, knowing my son will adapt. I co-sleep ... not because I think it is that much better, but because I am a working mom who also exercises daily and breast feeds exclusively. I need my sleep. I love my son, and I want to be the best me I can be for him.

leo_abbit87
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Hello I'm a first time mom and single mom. My son Jeriah, whose six month (7-27-11,) is breastfed and has been using cloth diapers (gdaipers) Since he came home. He sleeps in his crib in my room, has since two weeks old. Though i have fallin asleep while he was on the boppy nursing before, weird part is him waking up and start nursing again scared me awake. lol
He refuses bottles and binky (all the kinds i tried) and he was too big for the baby carrier i had. Wish i had a sling. He went from a 7.5lb 19in to now at six months 20.5lbs and 27ins.

leo_abbit87
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:22 PM

i'm 24 and i'm a first time mom also who is exclusivly breastfeeding.

ProudShammy3
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Hello all! I am so glad to of found you and this group!

My name is Stephanie and I am a full time mommy and wife. My son is 6mos old. He was born using the Bradley method. (What an amazing bonding time for me and my husband! I highly suggest everybody who wants a natural and fulfilling birth to go this route and take the classes. Totally worth the money and 3 month time.)
We are trying to live a natural parenting life. We recently got into CDing. I had a lot of diapers sitting around that I didn't ever use until recently since they fit him better. Dare I say I am already hooked. I wish cloth diapering wasn't so addicting! I love all the diapers!
We are breastfeeding. DS has still not started on any solids yet and is EBF. I plan for it to stay this way for a while.

stellarnewmom
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Hey, hey, hey! I have a 3 month old daughter, my first :) Have been married for just over 4 years. Currently a stay at home mom and hope to continue that trend! I cloth diaper, using the gDiaper system and I love it. I also use cloth wipes and love it! Am a breast feeding momma and want to do it for at least 6 months. If it doesn't work out I want to pump and give in a bottle or a cup! I want to try to make my own baby food when the time comes and I hope to homeschool. I guess I'm a bit of a control freak. lol I like to have control over what is going on in my household. 

Lala522
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Hello All!

I am Lauren, I'm 24, SAHM during the week to my lovely 1-yr old daugher, Violet... and ER night nurse on the weekends. I follow my instincts with parenting, which usually leads me in a more natural direction. I had planned on having my daughter naturally @ home with a midwife, but after 24 hrs of my water being broken, and 12hrs stuck in transition @ 8.5 cm, I was told I had to go to the hospital... then of course came Pitocin... which lead to pain-killers... but I am thankful that I was able to avoid a c-sec. Anyways, I'm big on breastfeeding, co-sleeping, and babywearing and I LOVE to support and encourage other mommies.

hapababies
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I'm pretty new to the natural parenting world and its something I'm muddling through as I learn more about it.  I have two baby boys who are 17 months apart from each other.  My first son was born in a birthing center because when I went on the hospital tour I freaked out and knew it wasn't the right place to be.  It was a strange feeling to have, since I always thought I would have an epidural during labor.  My first labor was hard, fast, and violent.  It was a million times different  than what I had seen on TV.  There was no walking around to get my labor moving, it did it all on its own.  My second baby was born in a hospital (different one than I had taken a hospital tour on for the first baby), because I was at high risk for complications due to a placenta abruption.  The nurses and doctor respected my wishes for a drug free labor, and I was lucky to have another fast labor with another healthy little boy.  I was mentally prepared for this labor, so I didn't describe it as violent this time.

My first baby was completely in disposables because I didn't know about the world of cloth diapers.  A friend of mine introduced me to it, and I was hooked on it with my second baby.  

I exclusively breastfed both my babies and was surprised to find how much I really enjoy it.  I love how lazy it is once I got the hang of it.  

I also co sleep, and I know I'll miss those cuddly nights when they get bigger.  My oldest son weaned himself off of nursing and co sleeping within the same week.  I wasn't trying to wean him off when he just decided one night that he no longer wanted to cuddle.  A few days later, I was trying to give him his night time nurse and he looked at me like I was crazy.  It was as if he forgot what he had been doing for the past 14 months. 

I'm still learning about natural parenting and know that I am on the far end of the "spectrum".  

momma_woody85
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I am a stay at home mother of 2 little girls, Brionna and Brittni. I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and super excited about the new addition! My family and I live in Memphis, TN we moved here from Jacksonville, Florida which I must say is much more progressive in natural births and doulas, midwives, etc. I was unable to find a Birthing Center here (which is where I had both of my girls) and have been really scared about having this baby in a hospital, I am not sure what to expect and that worries me. I do not want to be treated as though I do not know how to "birth a baby" lol.

I am really looking to meet moms who have had to make this transition, from home birth or birthing center (with a midwife) to a hospital birth (with an OB).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN