Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Welcome to Natural Birth & Parenting!! Introduce yourself...

Posted by   + Show Post

wave Welcome to the Natural Birth & Parenting group!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you to connect with other moms!!

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would you like your 1st name added to your posts? 

Add a Natural Birth & Parenting group signature to your post:
Natural Birth & Parenting Group Signatures  

Share your Birth Story here:
Welcome.....let's hear your birth story

Find great resources and Info here:
Resources & Info (posts in this group)

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to find support in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

coffeeMake yourself at home and enjoy!

Jenn and the Natural Birth & Parenting group mods

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Replies (221-230):
AliceJanesMommy
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Kristin and I'm a sahm to a beautiful four month old ebf little girl named Alice. I am anti-circ, anti-vax, pro-breastfeeding, pro-cosleeping. We practice natural and peaceful parenting. We started out doing a delayed, selective schedule for vaccination until my lo had a reaction and we ended up in the er. Now, after all my research, we have opted not time continue vaccines. I had her in the hospital at 41 weeks 5 days after being in labor for two days. She was born on Mother's Day. At 3 1/2 months, she said mom, started rolling over, and started laughing. I know she's just imitating sounds, not actually talking, but she's ahead on her speech development so far and I'm telling her daddy her first word was mom, lol. I plan to have at least one more in a year or two, maybe more. I told dh we'll just take it one at a time. We are stocking up on essential oils and natural cures for illnesses to keep us healthy without running to the doctor all the time. My lo has never been sick, never even had a diaper rash and we don't stay locked up in our house. I'm also looking into a chiropractor, but they kind of scare me, so I'm still doing research. Y'all will learn, I research everything, lol. It's nice to meet all of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BplusThree720
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Hey everyone!

I'm Brittany, a 23 year old SAHM of 3 beautiful babies, 3 year old Victor 2 year old Mischa, and almost 4 month old Vaida. I married my best friend over 5 years ago, and love him more every day. 

We have recently jumped on the bandwagon and switched to cloth diapering, which was the best decision ever, I can't believe I didn't start sooner!  I've had 3 c-sections, 1st was breech, 2nd and 3rd were repeats because of "hospital policy".  Hoping to find a support system for a VBA3C with baby #4. 

I love to meet new people, learn new things, and share ideas!  Can't wait to meet some like-minded mommies!

kittysmor
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Hi! New mom to a daughter born in June, labored for 47 hours & delivered all naturally. SAHM for now (laid off while on maternity leave) & loving it! We cloth diaper, EBF, cosleep, plan to make all of our own baby food, raise our kids on organic home grown foods & live a mostly vegetarian lifestyle (I was vegan before I met my fiance). We are very pro-vax & I know that's uncommon for 'crunchy' moms so would like to meet others who are. In my spare time (ha!) I like to read, go on long walks, write, bake & knit, crotchet & sew. I also have an addiction to tea & an enormous tea collection, I have a tea for everything ;)
jenncatsmeow
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Hi, I'm Jenn! I am mom to three wonderful kiddos.

And, I'm a natural parenting momma, all the way....breastfeeding, cloth diapering/wipes/pads, babywearing, homebirth, midwives, etc. :)

I like to sew and knit, as well as do other crafts.  I make much of my children's clothing (and diapers).

I am married to a wonderful man....and overall pretty happy with my life. :)

tick2012
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM

hello, my name is cassi i'm a stay @ home mother and my husband drives truck. I have been prego. 3x lost 1 and now have 2 beautiful boys...Kaigan whos 22months and Ian whos 3months...i had both of them in a hospital, kaigan i got n epidurial, it didn't work and ended up with a spinal leak twice. Ian i had no madication, i was in labor w/ both 4 9hrs. and to this day through fits and scream, i can say i'm proud 2 b a mom:-) My husband and i would like a girl and r planning on trying for one when Ian turns a yr.

MommyNiBella
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Hello, I'm a mom of a 5-year-old and a 6-month-old who I had naturally with the help of the best midwife ever, Amy Leland at Blessed Births, Greenville, SC.  My days go by so fast with working from home, a kindergartener, homemaking etc.  I'm even surprised that I actually have time to sit in front of my laptop without being interrupted-------I guess I spoke too soon.  I'm hearing crying which is now my signal to get off my seat and make sure everything is okay.  LOL

EleventeenQueen
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Hello my name is Natasha. I'm a sahm of three. My two oldest boys are in school, so it's usually just me and my two year old daughter at home. I'm currently pregnant with a surprise baby number 4. I'm planning a homebirth in April. My first two were c-sections and my last was a very successful hospital VBAC.

I consider myself a natural parent. Lol. I am currently still breastfeeding my 24 month old, although I'm pretty much over it. She's a demanding little diva. I'm attempting to wean her, but that's turned into a mess.

Anywho I'm happy to have found this group and I can't wait to get to know everyone. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lsherrill1402
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Hello I am Lindsey, 26yo, and 23 weeks pregnant with baby #1..Josie Belle

mna_823
Okay, ready for October to bring some sweater weather!
Yesterday at 10:07 PM
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:28 PM

hello all!  My name is Misty. I'm a full time work outside the home mom married to my high school sweet heart.  I have a DD who is 4 and my second is the 03/2013. I BF DD for 13 months and am wanting to try hypnobirthing this time around. 

rosemaryx
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm a stay-at-home-mama of a 10 month old daughter. I had a natural birth at a hospital with a doula and midwife present. I was able to labor at home for 95% of my labor. It was awesome! We've chosen not to vaccinate just yet - having not weighed all the pros and cons has rendered us action-less. She remains relatively vaccine free. I breastfeed and have never used formula and she has an entirely vegan diet. I make the majority of her food myself. We're predominantly using cloth diapers.

I would love to homeschool one day, but with my in-law family all being teachers/principals I think that it may be a huge point of contention. For now, I will have my dreams of homeschooling and see where that leads.

I am attending school to become a doula in January and am incredibly excited about it. Watching so many of my friends and family having difficult labours and births has made me want to do what I can to be more of a support for them.

Giving birth changed my life! I've completely re-evaluated my priorities and the way I live my life. I've become a vegetarian again and less dependant on over-the-counter and prescription drugs, preferring more homeopathic and holistic choices when possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)