Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If bottle feeding became FROWNED UPON do you think that...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM
  • 37 Replies
2 moms liked this

they may finally know what we go thru as EBF mothers. 

If a mother was told you can't feed your baby here like that.   That you need a medical reason to feed formula. Im just getting so fed up about hearing stuff or things going directly at me.

If only things were turned around. Do you think everyone else would be nicer?Oh the irony.

Its sad that we need to make a stand on EBF our children in public? What has this world come to? 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momsthename0609
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
They probably wouldn't be nicer because they aren't feeding their babies from a *sexual* breast, however when you say anything about formula they are the first to jump and say well as long as I am feeding my child it shouldn't matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Well yeah people would be nicer, though I honestly dont see this happening unless they found formula was killing babies or something, even then people would try to find another way to get around BFing

chipper87
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM
5 moms liked this
I heard that in some countries, you need a rx for formula...we should push for that here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I agree. 

Quoting chipper87:

I heard that in some countries, you need a rx for formula...we should push for that here!

jillj501
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I do think that if bottle feeding was frowned upon in our society many women with percieved production problems would be miraculously cured!
JessWulf84
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

IDK I hear a lot of formula feeding women complaining about getting judged by strangers too.  I think in general people make too many comments about how to take care of young children.

stevensmommy11
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Yes, it is disgusting that people have to constantly defend their decisions that are made for the health of their child, and I'm a formula mom! I would have loved to EBF, but I wound up drying up when DS was about 4 months old. I am still an avid supporter though. I would love an RX on it if they quit jerking people around with Medicaid (it's covered if it is RX and DR. approved). I can barely afford his formula that Wic doesn't cover because he is allergic to dairy and is currently on Nutrimagen.

JazzysWifey
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM

i think that no matter what topic it is when it comes to any aspect of parenting people are going to go CRAZY about something.

Baby4us09
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM

You have a point there.  i think how I parent my children now is questioned more now than when I was mainstream. Sad. 

Quoting JazzysWifey:

i think that no matter what topic it is when it comes to any aspect of parenting people are going to go CRAZY about something.

JazzysWifey
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

absolutely. people are so much quicker to judge those who try to be more natural, and i feel we are constantly being accused of being pushy or judgemental yet moms on the otherside of it (mainstream) often judge the natural mamas with no repercussions ... at least that's my experience and impression.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)