Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to expect (natural induction)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 28 Replies

Well I'm 41 weeks tomorrow, and since my MW cannot deliver past 42 weeks we will be attempting a "Natural Induction" Monday. She will do a membrane sweep, have me drink a black and blue cohosh tea and go walk for an hr, come back and repeat three times. Hopefully get baby moving.

I am also going to try accupunture this Saturday hopefully, if baby hasn't come by then.

Anyone else been through this? What was it like, and was it worse than waiting on your baby/body to go into labor??

BTW I don't have a choice in this, I don't have insurance and cannot end up in the hospital, not that I'd want to anyway.

Any other Ideas are welcome too:)

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BridgetMc
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate that your having to use any induction methods. It just sucks that people are constricted by timelines. I'm 42 weeks today and yesterday I started doing NSTs to make sure everything is still good but my doctor sees no reason to induce. I do have to have testing done every three to four days while we wait, but he's assured me that everything looks good so no induction should be needed. I really hope your little one decides to show up all on his/ her own! And that you get the birth you've been planning for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Best of luck! Im HOPING that  you go into labor naturally before Monday!!! 

_muffin_
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this

The same thing happened to my friend (nearing 42 weeks and had no insurance) so they scheduled a membrane sweep. She went into labor an hour before her midwife was due to come over. 

What I would suggest is to write a letter- either to yourself or to the baby about anything that may be causing you stress or fear to let your body/baby know you are ready for labor to begin. Write about your excitement to meet your baby. That, with some sex and walking, and you may not even need your midwife. I pray all goes well for you and you go into labor on your own. 

dhiannian
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Thank you ladies, I hate being restricted too, and hate that my midwives are. I sure hope baby comes on it's own, although I am feeling so down today that it's not going to happen in time.

I will try the letter thing and gonna do some dancing lol, shake this baby up.

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I used evening primrose oil capsules about 3 nightly inserted vaginally and went into labour on my own the day before I was due to be induced like I was 2x before I don't produce enough hormone to go into labour on my own and tried this and after 2 days I went into labour and had my son 3 1/2 hours later. It helps soften and ripen the cervix. When I started this I wasn't soften or ripe. And showed no signs of labour. Good Luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dhiannian
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Thank you, I've been taking these orally and did use them vaginally twice, sounds like I need to start again.

Quoting Bl3ss3dMommi:

I used evening primrose oil capsules about 3 nightly inserted vaginally and went into labour on my own the day before I was due to be induced like I was 2x before I don't produce enough hormone to go into labour on my own and tried this and after 2 days I went into labour and had my son 3 1/2 hours later. It helps soften and ripen the cervix. When I started this I wasn't soften or ripe. And showed no signs of labour. Good Luck.

JessWulf84
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Have you shown any signs of labor yet?  Is it possible that your dates are off and they need to be adjusted?

My labor started and stopped for 8 days (I kept making slow progress dialation wise but the contraction wouldn't get regular) so I took blue and black cohosh (under my midwife's supervision) and it did make contractions pick up a bit but not much.  TMI but swallowing semen made my contractions much stronger than the cohoshes did.

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Yeah my hubby though I was crazy! He said um aren't them suppose to go in the other end? LoL!

Quoting dhiannian:

Thank you, I've been taking these orally and did use them vaginally twice, sounds like I need to start again.

Quoting Bl3ss3dMommi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dhiannian
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I've been having prodromal labor off and on for like 4 weeks now. Just when the contractions start to get strong they quit. Other than that though no, baby keeps going up then coming down, and the contractions didn't seem to be doing much, I'm at a 3ish and about 50% effaced. Why would semen do that?? 

Quoting JessWulf84:

Have you shown any signs of labor yet?  Is it possible that your dates are off and they need to be adjusted?

My labor started and stopped for 8 days (I kept making slow progress dialation wise but the contraction wouldn't get regular) so I took blue and black cohosh (under my midwife's supervision) and it did make contractions pick up a bit but not much.  TMI but swallowing semen made my contractions much stronger than the cohoshes did.

dhiannian
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM

hehe I didn't tell mine, I figured he would think I was nuts lol

Quoting Bl3ss3dMommi:

Yeah my hubby though I was crazy! He said um aren't them suppose to go in the other end? LoL!

Quoting dhiannian:

Quoting Bl3ss3dMommi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)